Tenderloin tips in gravy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last nights meal was a killer! Made beef tips with gravy over mashed.
This came out fantastic! The meat I used made this the best I've made.
P1150183.JPG

Never had these from this company. And I know I'll be buying some in the future.

P1150185.JPG

The recipe is simplicity in itself. Cook the beef with 1 TBS EVOO, and salt and pepper. Until browned. Then remove from pot. I used my CI dutch oven.
Add another TB of EVOO. add one medium diced onion and cook until translucent.
Add:
One 10.5 oz can of french onion soup
one 10.5 oz can of beef broth
1 TBS worsy sauce
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste.
Place meat back in as well.

P1150187.JPG

Bring to boil. Then lower to simmer. Cover. And cook for 2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
Then make a slurry with corn starch and water. Bring back to boil. And add enough of the slurry until you reached the thickness of your liking.

P1150188.JPG

Not the prettiest looking meal. But the flavors are out of this world.
And. Again. Another thanks to Robert for sending the meat to me. He wasn't kidding about the flavor and quality of this company's products.
Not shown. But served with an Asian shredded slaw. And a glass of red wine. Which was a perfect compliment with this meal.

Sounds really good. I will be trying it but with regular beef. Would love to try that Piedmontese Beef but it is out of my price range. I got excited this last lotto drawing. Got message that I had won a jackpot prize and when I called it up was $2. First money I won in long time!

Sounds really good. I will be trying it but with regular beef. Would love to try that Piedmontese Beef but it is out of my price range. I got excited this last lotto drawing. Got message that I had won a jackpot prize and when I called it up was $2. First money I won in long time!
Thanks Brian. I've made this with regular stew meat before. Since it cooks for 2 hours even the stew meat comes out really tender.

Awesome meal! Man, I thought it looked pretty😃 Killer work brother, this is a meal that’s right in my lane and you nailed it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky