Temp a bit better not good enough...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And remember . . . the cooler is your friend. Some foil, towels, and a cooler will keep the meat warm for a long time. Just make sure you keep the meat warmer than 140°.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dave

LOL, I tried again. I got the fire going good, (you have to touch the match box on the striker part to light on),then went in, got the meat rubbed and mopped. Put it on the grill, put wood on, all going good, temps at 252, ....then they dropped a bit, I double clicked and put too much wood on, burned the firebox out lol, you could see the fence on the other side! The dang bird crapped on the plate, I tried to serve the food and got nailed for comtamination lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Sounds like more work than just doing it fo real.

Hey, my Chucky came out pretty good. I have 2 briquettes left in that 18lb bag I was telling you about. Maybe I'll use the to cold smoke some cheese.

haha it's about as hard! Hey, I had trouble at first getting the temps up LOL I'm jinxed!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Cool, bet its really good!

Hey I finally made it through the game! Didn't do so well, said the meat wasn't cooked even at 185, weird lol

resultsq.jpg

I made it all the way through twice. The first time the dog stole the meat off the table. The second time I got 0 points. It didn't say exactly why. Although my fire kept going out. I had to relight about 5 times. And it scolded me for not playing music. I looked everywhere but couldn't find a radio or stereo to turn on. Oh well. Oh, I slso found you could shoot the Bluejay using the mouse. I shot about 25 of them. The game summary called me out on that too.

Hey Ron, what are you doing playing games when you have a mod to finish???

lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
Dang dog!

I noticed it also scolded me for not shooting any birds. With what? shake up my beer can?
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Hey I'm at work, I can't be working on my BBQ-er here lol Games are ok... but not working on a bbq
biggrin.gif

Hey this time I scored a 233
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Said I drank too many beers and used too many logs, but too bad, I like excess lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I found the music too, you have to click that help computer screen down in the bottom area.

Hey 23, do that 10 more times and were tied with my 233 lol heh heh

I think the dog took my brush, I had it on the counter, and it was gone when I went in for another beer
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

When it rains, I hang in the kitchen and suck suds. On my first attempt yesterday, I stayed out in the rain and was seriously injured by a hail stone.

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
I had that happen too I was hoping I could put the mop bowl on my head for protection
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Hey Steve!

I got a hunk of meat, hope it will work good on the smoker. It's a big bottom round roast, it's super lean so hoping it doesn't turn into a 4lb lump of jerky
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I still gotta drill out the pan more, and get over to the next town where I can get some wood chunks. Our small town only has those derned little hickory chips at the grocery store. I used those last time, and even soaked and in a metal bread pan on top the coals they torched up and were gone pretty fast.

What are you making this weekend?

Don't know what I'll be making yet. Saturday night we're heading out. Sunday I was thinking about grilling some Petite steaks. The Brinkman is all I have right now, but using it as a grill works pretty well. Just big enough to grill something for the 4 of us, and #2 son is away at college, so it's usually 3 of us. On Saturday I'm smoking up some ABTs' for a potluck, Fatty for snacks, and Italian Sausage for next weeks Spaghetti. Smoked Italian Sausage in Spaghetti sauce is to die for.......

Steaks, love steaks! I read you could grill on the brinkman too, I started out a BBQ person so have a gas grill for those things but slow smoking was where I was needing something, enter the little brinkman :)

That food sounds good! Sounds too good, like maybe a fast track to needing some cholesterol prescriptions from the doc lol
Seriously though, you'd think I was weird, I can't eat sausage, those little fat things in it almost make me wretch
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Ever done a tri-tip roast? Man those are killer good

25 years ago when we first got married, I had one of those round spindly legged charcoal grills you can get even at the supermarket. My BIL had a Weber kettle, and always got fantastic results. I went and bought a genuine cheapy Weber copycat kettle. Man, I had no clue what I was doing, but turned out some of the best stuff! The legs gave out after a few years, and I decided I wanted one of those new modern Gas grills. I used them for 20 years, never getting good results. A few months ago I ruined some St. Louis ribs on a gas grill, and decided to look on the internet and try to figure out how to make my stupid grill work. I found a site that showed how to BBQ ribs on a gas grill. I tried it. Whatta ya know? They were pretty decent. After I did that a second time, I noticed my gas grill needed burners and the bottom was starting to rust out. So I decided to go back to charcoal. I ALMOST bought a Weber kettle (real one) intending to smoke with one of those "Smokinators." But then I found out that the Brinkman Gourmet doubles as a grill. The "cheap" gene I got from my dad kicked in, and I got the Brinkman. Looking back, people seem to have such good results Q'ing on a Weber, that I wonder if I made the right choce.

Regardless, My Q is great, and getting better, and the grill has been adequate so far. I keep thinking I want to get a kettle anyway. But I can't justify it. (My cheap gene demands proof that I need something before I buy it.)

Cool story, and here we all are learning to cook!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I also started with a clone kettle and used it until it fell apart. For a bonus at work (back in the good old days when the economy was good!) my boss got me a pretty nice gas grill. Took me a bit but I got to where I was cooking anything and everything on it and it was coming out really good. I've always been into using wood for smoke but could never get things to really taste that way on the inside too. Then I found out about smokers and always thought about getting one. Ribs got me to find this forum and that sealed the deal. And I still gotta try ribs on my smoker still! I'll still use my gas grill for regular bbqing, but am really enjoying the little brinkman now
biggrin.gif
(once I get the temps up and steady!)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky