Tajin....good stuff!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Well. I just found and tried something that I've heard the masses talking about. Tajin seasoning. I bought a small shaker of it because a friend told me that this rocked on lime slices while shooting tequila. Took a taste of it, sans tequila, until later. Dang! That is some tasty stuff! What all, besides tequila, have you used this on?
20220429_133629.jpg

I used it in a couple different ways in this meal. Turned out pretty tasty

Reactions: Steve H
They put it on grilled corn in Mexico. Unfortunately, they smear the corn with mayonnaise first. I've also seen it sprinkled on jicama and watermelon.

They put it on grilled corn in Mexico. Unfortunately, they smear the corn with mayonnaise first. I've also seen it sprinkled on jicama and watermelon.
Butter does just as of a job of holding the tajin on corn. Sometimes I will wrap the corn in foil to start to hold in the spice. Sometimes I don't use anything but water to hold.

I was introduced to this awesome spice about 15 years ago. Where I live in Southern Ca, we have street fruit vendors that will basically cut up 5-6 different fruits and put it in a large plastic cup then squeeze a whole lime over the cup of fruit and dowse it with TaJin. I now do the same thing at home all the time. We also use it for the rim when it’s margarita time. can’t wait to see what others use it on.

Tajin is a Mexican seasoning. It consists of dried and ground red chilies (a combination of chiles de arbol, guajillo and pasillo), sea salt and dehydrated lime juice.
Shake it into light'ish beers, bloody Mary's, and tomato beers, and it is awesome on Mexican street corn and fruit salsa and on fresh fruit like Mango, Papaya. Pineapple, Apples Pears, and all types of Melons. I shake it onto chicken and pork that I'm turning into enchiladas or taco's. I also shake it into smashed avocados along with some garlic salt, black pepper, a shake or two of chili powder and diced white onion and chopped cilantro for a killer guacamole, and it's killer in both shrimp and or fish ceviche. Not only that, but I keep a bottle in both of my boats, my RV and in the side compartment of my K2 beer cooler/ ice chest, so I have it anywhere I care to drink.

Last edited:
Shake it into light'ish beers, bloody Mary's, and tomato beers, and it is awesome on Mexican street corn and fruit salsa and on fresh fruit like Mango, Papaya. Pineapple, Apples Pears, and all types of Melons. I shake it onto chicken and pork that I'm turning into enchiladas or taco's. I also shake it into smashed avocados along with some garlic salt, black pepper, a shake or two of chili powder and diced white onion and chopped cilantro for a killer guacamole, and it's killer in both shrimp and or fish ceviche. Not only that, but I keep a bottle in both of my boats, my RV and in the side compartment of my K2 beer cooler/ ice chest, so I have it anywhere I care to drink.
Great ideas! Except light beer. I should. But don't! I do believe I'll have a bloody Maria at some point today. I'm out of vodka. Do you rim the Mary's? Of mix it in?

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Great ideas! Except light beer. I should. But don't! I do believe I'll have a bloody Maria at some point today. I'm out of vodka. Do you rim the Mary's? Of mix it in?
I meant light in color, not actual lite beer, it's killer in any pilsner or Mexican beer.
1651316112710.png

1651316233881.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky