Taco Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Man these where good. That salsa is incredible. It great on eggs. That Mexican sour cream so much better than regular. Has really good flavor.

20200604_171239.jpg 20200604_172833.jpg 20200604_174552.jpg

Last edited:
It’s very good. Has flavor unlike typical sour cream.
Sour cream is the product of a lactic fermentation, which takes place for a short time. The byproducts of the fermentation give it its tangy acidic taste. Sour cream has about 18-20% butterfat. Crema is more akin to Crème fraiche which has a higher butterfat content at around 28% and only very slightly acid content.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Sour cream is the product of a lactic fermentation, which takes place for a short time. The byproducts of the fermentation give it its tangy acidic taste. Sour cream has about 18-20% butterfat. Crema is more akin to Crème fraiche which has a higher butterfat content at around 28% and only very slightly acid content.

El Mexicano which he has there makes a few diferent ones. His is mexican sour cream by the label, it's mor like what we consider sour cream but a little lighter and not as thick. They also make a mexican table cream which is what you are refering to that is more like fraiche. I use it all the time for an amazing sauce that I'll post at a later date. It's on the to do list of posts.

20200604_192919.jpg

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I'll be looking for that one...hope I dont miss it!

I promise it is amazing and adds depth to all ( strong word)... most mexican dishes. I was looking at next Tuesady for it, but I think I'll need to do it sooner now that I flapped my gums :)

Reactions: Sowsage
If you lucky enough to have a Mexican market most make sour cream and salsa's. This red one from La Michoacana Meat Market is the bomb. I was watching the pioneer women the other day and she make one for fish taco's that looked like could be close to this.

Cali. is little Mexico, there are more Mexican markets and restaurants than any other type in our area.
I love the fresh made creams, cremas, Sopa's, tortilla's, burritos, chicharrones, street taco's, tamales and salsa's. And when I shop at the Mexican joints I get almost twice as many groceries as the supermarkets.

Your Taco's look awesome, I'm a Mexican food junkie I could eat it 5 nights a week yr round and not get sick of it.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Tacos, or any other Mex Vittles, but yours sure look Good, Brian!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky