Tabasco jelly glazed seared salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
This was kind of impromptu, but turned out soooo good. Just oiled a 1 lb piece of salmon and hit it with salt and pepper. Got the Kamado and skillet to 500°+ so that I could get a nice sear on both sides. After searing the flesh side, I flipped to skin side for the rest of the cook. Gave the flesh a healthy coating of Tabasco jelly. My wife likes at least medium for her fish, so I cooked until internal temp hit 125° at the thickest spot. I was worried about burning the skin and I wanted the glaze to tack up, so after about 8 minutes, I added the extension grate and pushed the skillet as high into the dome as I could. That way, the radiant heat hit the flesh side.

Turned out great! Served (and cooked) with a nice Buffalo Trace bourbon, basmati rice and green beans - yeah they were canned, but like I said, it was impromptu! Bonus: my wife doesn’t like the skin, so I got 2 servings of crispy goodness! That burnt stuff around the edge is from the glaze. The skin was perfectly crispy!

1677888285989.jpeg

1677888316606.jpeg

1677888344381.jpeg

1677888388402.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky