1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

T-ROYS MAMA JEAN'S BAKED BEANS

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by Hawging It, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I have made baked beans many ways over the years. Decided to make them T-Roy style. Finished them off on the Bayou Classic with a little Hickory smoke. As ole T-Roy always says on his YouTube videos, THEY MIGHTY FINE FOLKS!!!! BEAN INGR.jpg BEANS WITH BACON.jpg SMOKED BEANS.jpg

SmokinAl likes this.
  2. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Well that's different..you don't crisp up the bacon first huh?

3. I fried up about 6 strips, chopped them up and added to the beans. Just added those other strips for more grease. LOL!!

4. TomKnollRFV

Gotcha! I was wondering!!! You should get some buckboard bacon curing, I think it's perfect for beans!

5. I have been reading up on bacon curing and such. I am going to do my own very soon. It should be fun and ya can't have too much HAWG MEAT!

6. TomKnollRFV

I agree..I think I'm doing a pork butt monthly into buckboard bacon now! It'll really up the baked bean game for ya!

Hawging It likes this.
  7. Thank you!

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like a good flavorful recipe, but we go the old fashion way with dry beans and salt pork. I like my BB's thick to the point where they won't fall off the spoon when you flip the spoon over. Rib stick'n beans.

Chris

9. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those are some mighty fine looking beans!
    Al

10. That sounds good as well

11. Thank you Al