Syracuse Casing Company Inc.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
New hank of casings just arrived.

20220409_180427.jpg

Cool. I did not know there was still a company that processed casings in the U.S., I thought they were all processed in China or elsewhere over seas. I looked on their website and all I see are the ones on tubes. I'm old school and really don't like tubed casings, much prefer them in the just salted and not on a tube. Guess I will have to call them and inquire about that.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Here is the other side with the contact number.

I like the handwritten note in the upper right.

They are excellent casings.
20220410_063523.jpg

Cool. I did not know there was still a company that processed casings in the U.S., I thought they were all processed in China or elsewhere over seas. I looked on their website and all I see are the ones on tubes. I'm old school and really don't like tubed casings, much prefer them in the just salted and not on a tube. Guess I will have to call them and inquire about that.

I get them our local supermarket in tubs of salt. Not sure why they don't offer it in their website.

I can get them that way too. i just prefer the tubed ones!

I also get all my natural there.
My collagen i get in Iowa as i can get 13mm.

Just a bit of "full disclosure" here but our farm was a half hour from Syracuse Casings and they "comped" me casings and discount coupons on several occasions for sausage making demos at sportsman's shows and similar events. They've been my go-to source for hog and sheep casings since I started making sausage.

With five years into "retirement" at our North Carolina place they are still my only supplier of casings. And we've converted a good number of local sausage makers to them.

If you ever get a chance to walk the production floor, receiving dock or walk-in coolers the spotless cleanliness and complete lack of odors jumps right out at you. The place is immaculate and everything is gleaming......

Lance

In a pinch, several local markets have packages of casings in the back that they use for their fresh sausages. These are the salt-pack frozen ones with a long 'freezer' life. However, I've used Syracuse Casing for years and recommend them too. They are top quality, super consistent on sizing, and their sheep casing are the best I've used.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky