Sweet Lebanon Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Made a small chub of sweet lebanon last week. Cut open today at neighbors for garage eats.

9a898927_DSC00391.jpg

421615a1_DSC00392.jpg

Easy mix with any bologna mix and 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup fermento. This was only a 2 lb chub mix. All beef 2 lbs with 1/2 lb of briskit trim

0077510d_DSC00394.jpg

That looks real tasty Nepas!, nice work as usual. How did ya cook it? it looks like it filled the casing real nicely

Looks really good Nepas. Reminds me of when I first got married. We lived in Ft. Lauderdale & I worked construction west of there close to the Everglades. In the summer we would get rained out in the early afternoon almost every day & I would come home to sunshine. It was hot so I'd get in the pool on a raft & Judy would float out fried bologna sammies to me in a plastic tub with a beer. Life was good back then.

Nice! For me, sweet lebanon bologna coupled with some nice cheese makes the best grilled sammies on the planet. But again, that's just me. Kudos dude.
banana_smiley.gif

That looks real tasty Nepas!, nice work as usual. How did ya cook it? it looks like it filled the casing real nicely

Dan

Took the chub to 150 in my normal smoking manner. Used a 4" synthetic bologna case and my water stuffer. Its hard to do stuffing and do the pics at the same time. (still learning water stuffer)

Thanks everyone

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky