Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs on the KJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
We’ve had a spectacular day here in DFW, with temps in the mid-50s, blue skies and hardly any wind. After spending the day raking leaves, I decided to grill some chicken thighs. I didn’t have too much time, so I only dry brined for an hour or so. Dried off the thighs, coated them with a very thin layer of olive oil, and dusted them with flour seasoned with Lanes Scorpion Rub and R Butts R Smokin Cherry Habanero rub. The flour, along with cooking high in the dome on the extension grate, was intended to crisp up the skin, which it did. But I ended up saucing them with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Cooked indirect at 450° - powered by Revolver Blood and Honey Texas Ale. Turned out great - nice and juicy!

1670110436163.jpeg

1670110460148.jpeg

Looks mighty fine to me. Now all you need is a beer pole.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Fantastic looking thighs there TL, and a fine set up as well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky