Swedish Potato Sausage is Awesome!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
After seeing Cranky Buzzard's last week I just had to try it. I used his recipe but cut it in half for a 5# batch.
I tossed in about 3/4 tsp of #1 cure in the meat mix and let it sit in the fridge for around 6hrs. Boiled the potatoes a little and ground them and the onions through a coarse plate.
Mixed
And stuffed
I had some casing issues so had to soak some cases a while to finish the batch but it all worked out. Since I had a cure I let them hang dry for a bit.
These are wonderful sausages! The white onion and Allspice aroma filled the kitchen even while stuffing. We fried them up with sauerkraut and with our normal split of 2 links for me and 1 for the Mrs before I sat down she was asking for half of one of mine LOL!
We tried it with some flat hard bread & cranberry sauce ( the Lingonberry preserves should arrive later this week).
I vacuumed these into 4 link packages instead of the usual 3 links :-)

Thanks to Cranky for a keeper!

"Skal" :beercheer:

Dan

Wow Great job.     I never had a potato sausage before.

Great looking job!

This stuff is hard to beat, and like you said, the aroma is outstanding!

The flavor has a very holiday taste to it, so we tend to end up making 40-50 undos each year for us, friends, and family.

If you liked it with cranberry, the lingonberry will take it over the top!

Points for your first!

Great looking job!

This stuff is hard to beat, and like you said, the aroma is outstanding!

The flavor has a very holiday taste to it, so we tend to end up making 40-50 undos each year for us, friends, and family.

If you liked it with cranberry, the lingonberry will take it over the top!

Points for your first!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky