SV venison loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I bought this 13.00 SV unit at Wal-mart. Tested it for a few days to see if it would work. It held constant temps, checked with my Instant read. Only 1 degree off.

IMG_20181026_202925440 (1).jpg

I needed to make a rack to keep the meat off the bottom of the pot. Found this old basket that I dont use anymore, so I cut it apart.
IMG_20181030_203128463 (1).jpg

Loin in the bag with season salt, butcher pepper and worcestershire sauce. Then into the fridge over night
IMG_20181030_202213534.jpg

Set the SV at 140 degrees for 12 hours.
IMG_20181031_070839613 (1).jpg

Dont know why this shrunk like this but it did and made it hard to sear. This was after a failed sear.
IMG_20181031_205419005 (1).jpg

I will say this was the best venison loin I have ever ate. Super tender, moist, and not a venison flavor like others I have had.
IMG_20181031_205822255 (1).jpg

I wanted a SV unit mainly for sausages but I am thinking I will be using it alot more. Chuckie next I think.

Looks good to me. Nice job pc. I'll take moist and tender over sear any time.
Point for sure.
Chris

Man,does that look good.Maybe try a torch for the sear when you get shrinkage,I know for a fact that farmers have torches.They're usually right next to the bailin' twine,tie wire,duct tape and sledgehammer.

Reactions: pc farmer
Man,does that look good.Maybe try a torch for the sear when you get shrinkage,I know for a fact that farmers have torches.They're usually right next to the bailin' twine,tie wire,duct tape and sledgehammer.

Thats a good idea. You forgot bungie cords.

Reactions: motocrash
Definitely looks good Adam, can't wait for more in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky