SV to Grill--Pork CSRs (Bone in from Shoulder)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Pork CSRs (Bone in from Shoulder)

These are my favorite CSRs, so I’m going to try a couple different ways, over the next few weeks.

So this time, I’ll start them in my Sous Vide Supreme & finish them on my Weber “Q”.
First I thawed them out & Bagged them in 3 bags, 2 strips to a bag.
Then into my SV @ 145° for 24 hours, and pull them out & Dry them with paper towels.
Next I put them on my Hot Weber “Q”, and flipped them over a few times, coating with Kelchner’s Pineapple Teriyaki marinade on each side, while flipping.
Then for my first Meal I added some Taters Au Gratin and a few Deviled Eggs.

The second night, I cut some CSR up into bite-sized pieces & Heated them up in a Pan.
Then added 3 Deviled Eggs to a plate of CSR Bites.

I did more of that, until I ran out of these.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Three pairs of CSRs Vacuum packed:
IMG_5502.jpeg

In the SV rack, ready for a Swim:
IMG_5511.jpeg

Fresh out of my SV:
IMG_5513.jpeg

Grilling on the "Q", while basting with "Kelchner's Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade":
IMG_5514.jpeg

Removed from Grill & Brought inside:
IMG_5516.jpeg

Bear's first helping of CSR, Taters Au Gratin, and 3 Deviled Eggs:
IMG_5517.jpeg

Next Night: Cut up & heat in Frying Pan:
IMG_5520.jpeg

Another Bear Supper:
IMG_5521.jpeg

Looks good Bear! Got some nice color on them. Have to be honest tho, my crs kicked in a little bit before I could remember csr's were. And I'm with Travis...gonna need some deviled eggs soon.

Ryan

Looks great . I bet that sauce on the grill kicked it way up . Nice meals again .

That's a fine looking dinner plate Bear, I'd be real happy sitting down to that, Like! I love deviled eggs, it'd be hard to stop popping one after another in my mouth. RAY

CSRs are always a hit. Nice cook

Yummm! Those are some fine looking CSRs! And I have a weakness for deviled eggs! Awesome plate Bear!

Thanks Travis!!

Bear

Looks good Bear! Got some nice color on them. Have to be honest tho, my crs kicked in a little bit before I could remember csr's were. And I'm with Travis...gonna need some deviled eggs soon.

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
I know what you mean!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good Bear!

A sous vide machine is something I've been eyeballing for a while now.

If you like some kind of pineapple sauce ... I’ve become a huge fan of an Al Pastor marinade ... pineapple (fresh, processed kills the enzymes), OJ, onion, garlic, adobo chilies, vinegar, oregano, salt, cumin, paprika ... tenderizes and great flavor. Can post measures if anyone interested.

And how the heck did the underlining get turned on ???

Looks great Bear. The glaze just dresses the meat up fancy like.
Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Awesome looking meal Bear. I haven't had CSR for a long time, and now I'm suddenly wanting some.

Point for sure
Chris

CSRs are always a hit. Nice cook

Thank You!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

That's a fine looking dinner plate Bear, I'd be real happy sitting down to that, Like! I love deviled eggs, it'd be hard to stop popping one after another in my mouth. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Mrs Bear always made great Deviled Eggs.
Since we've been married '51' years, that was one of the things people looked for at all of our Family get togethers.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

If you like some kind of pineapple sauce ... I’ve become a huge fan of an Al Pastor marinade ... pineapple (fresh, processed kills the enzymes), OJ, onion, garlic, adobo chilies, vinegar, oregano, salt, cumin, paprika ... tenderizes and great flavor. Can post measures if anyone interested.

And how the heck did the underlining get turned on ???

My main life-long search has been a Teriyaki Glaze, like we experienced in Honolulu, on our steaks, in a restaurant, in 1969. So far this "Kelchner's Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade" is the closest I've found.

Bear

looks excellent bear, going to have to try that pineapple teriyaki stuff it does sound good

Thank You Jim!!
I got another one from Kelchner's, called "Brown Sugar Bourbon" that I still have to try (Soon). I'll let you know.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: smokerjim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky