SV Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
Broke out my Sous Vide. Cooked a ribeye at 129 for 1 hour (medium rare). I use my Lodge 11 inch square griddle to perform the sear. This time I used my MAPP gas torch. I was a little cautious because it's like a gazillion degrees.

The ribeye was really yummy. It's like cheating using this cooking method. It's getting harder for me to go out and eat at a steakhouse anymore.

Attachments

• finished ribeye.jpg
    finished ribeye.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 41
  • pre sear.jpg
    pre sear.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 30
  • cooking in the bath.jpg
    cooking in the bath.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 25
  • cooking temp.jpg
    cooking temp.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ready to cut.jpg
    ready to cut.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 37
you are forever ruined for steak or prime rib at the local restaurant.

my Christmas prime-rib from last year. Ate most of this year before I remembered to take a pic. lol

Attachments

• IMG_5344.jpg
    IMG_5344.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 36
Broke out my Sous Vide. Cooked a ribeye at 129 for 1 hour (medium rare). I use my Lodge 11 inch square griddle to perform the sear. This time I used my MAPP gas torch. I was a little cautious because it's like a gazillion degrees.

The ribeye was really yummy. It's like cheating using this cooking method. It's getting harder for me to go out and eat at a steakhouse anymore.
Nice, I have not done this method....yet, I have used my Ninja grill for ribeyes with great success....oh and I agree on the steakhouse. Might have to take our daughter to one this week for her 21st...$75 for the bone in ribeye and that is just the steak, nothing else..

you are forever ruined for steak or prime rib at the local restaurant.

my Christmas prime-rib from last year. Ate most of this year before I remembered to take a pic. lol
Amazing.

If I do go to a steak house, I get a cheeseburger. I can't rate my steakhouses by the steak anymore. 😉

Reactions: rbnice1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky