SV circulator cold/dry weather precision foot bath and room humidifier.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
Geez it's cold and super windy. I just finished a 48 hour chuckie with lipton vegetable pkg and french onion pkg. I was looking at the 131° water vapor rising and thinking, what kind of humidifier it would be with a pot and keep adding distilled water like my ultrasonic room humidifier?

I'll bet that would work. And probably wouldn't leave white dust on everything.

Reactions: dr k
You gonna stick your feet in there too ?
Haha. Not unless I want to cook them. I'd have to use my SV 20pt tote with tap water at 103 like a jacuzzi or add hotter water to a regular bubbler foot bath since they cool so fast. The circulator gets cleaned in 50/50 vinegar and water in a 32 oz glass beer mug to decalcify in 15 minutes anyway. There's a foot bath recipe with a half cup listerine and a half cup vinegar added to the water. Just don't use the blue listerine haha.

I'll bet that would work. And probably wouldn't leave white dust on everything.
Right. No dissolved solids in distilled water = no white dust, less bacteria growth and easier to clean the humidifier without calcification build up. I have a zero water 26 cup pitcher that removes total dissolved solids from an ion exchanger in the big filter but I've got really hard tap water like just under 400 ppm of total dissolved solids and am lucky to get 10 gallons of zero water at $10/filter. So I just use it in the winter months to humidify in the ultra sonic and not have to haul so much distilled water from the store. Now with the filters from a few years ago making zero water is cheaper than buying distilled but after this winter when the filters are used up I'm done buying those now expensive filters.

Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky