Surf & Tater

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have lobster and king crab in the freezer for Father's Day. Along with Stone crab and shrimp. You are making it very hard not to wait! Looks nice John!

Looks great Bear! I agree it’s a delicate flavor that stands on its own with a little butter. Same thing I say about morels.

Excellent post John. I, too love Lobster. Similar boat as you, the Mrs. won't eat Lobster. I've been getting from Wild Fork Foods with free shipping. Did you add butter to the Air Fryer during the cook? I usually Broil them in the oven. Great work.
Thank You Mike!!
No, I added some after they were cooked.
If I wanted to add butter while cooking, I would use the Baking pan, without holes.
I gotta look into that Wild Fork Outfit.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking plate John. I can almost taste it.

I've heard that the local folks in Maine used to walk out at low tide and pick up lobsters from the dried up seabed.

Like shrimp here in coastal NC; Local folks didn't eat them as they were considered "poor people food", and they didn't want to be seen as poor.
Thank You Jack!!
When I was a Kid, We stopped telling people we regularly ate Catfish, because other kids would laugh at us. Now they pay $30 for a Catfish Dinner at PA Restaurants. LOL---Call me poor---I still love Lobster Tail & Catfish!

Bear

Reactions: one eyed jack
It must be tough having to go thru all that lobster on your own John, good to see you are up to the task, looks fantastic! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
I'm doing pretty good---I think I only have about 8 left.
Boy are they Tasty!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like a mighty tasty meal bear
Thank You Jim!!
And for the Like.

Bear
You had me at lobster John. Man, about my favorite meat on the planet. Being the good Samaritan that I am, I'll offer to help you get rid of the rest of those tails :emoji_laughing: Nice job buddy and some fine eats for sure.

Robert

Thank You Robert!
I knew I could count on your help!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Good job on these bear, they look great. I could probably eat cranberry sauce with anything.

Thank You Ringer!!
I agree, and Cranberry Sauce usually seems to settle my stomach, if I eat too much.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hard to believe but at one time in North America Lobster was used as fertilizer and a food for peasants, servants, and prisoners. See paragraph 11.

Interesting!!
Lobster was also commonly served in prisons, much to the displeasure of inmates.

Sounds like a good reason to break the law!

Bear

Reactions: 1MoreFord
I have lobster and king crab in the freezer for Father's Day. Along with Stone crab and shrimp. You are making it very hard not to wait! Looks nice John!
Thank You Steve!!
Father's Day is only about 11 days away!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear! I agree it’s a delicate flavor that stands on its own with a little butter. Same thing I say about morels.
Thank You Jeff!!
I would probably say the same about the elusive Morels, but I never tasted one.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
MMMM...lobster tail.
And having 20 lbs of tails sounds like a good problem to have.
Great looking meal, Bear.

Stu

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky