Surf & Tater

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Surf & Tater

I don’t get any help around the Den, when it comes to consuming Fish & Seafood, since Mrs Bear won’t eat any.
So I’m still working on getting rid of the 20 Tails Bear Jr got me for Christmas.

As much as I love a little Tail now & then, it still takes me awhile to consume 5 pounds of Tails.
I love Lobster Tail meat so much, I like to eat it all by itself, no sauce, no creams, just Lobster Meat & melted butter.

This time I just added Sautéed Sliced Baked Taters to help fill me up, and some Cranberry Sauce, without overpowering the Lobster enjoyment.
I cut down both sides of the bottom of the shells, peeled it back & pulled the Meat out in one piece. Seasoned with a little Old Bay, and Preheated My Ninja to 390°.
Then into the Airfryer Pan for 5 Minutes. Checked & went another 2 minutes.

Melted Butter on the Tails, some Taters and Cranberry Sauce fixed me right up!
It was Perfect !! Makes Me a Happy Bear!!

Bear

Four 4 ounce Lobster Tail, Meat removed & rinsed:
IMG_8309.JPG

Added some Old Bay, and put in Ninja, on Air Fry @ 390°:
IMG_8310.JPG

Ready to remove, after 7 minutes:
IMG_8311.JPG

Bear's Supper, of 4 Lobster Tails, with melted butter, Sautéed Sliced Baked Taters, & Cranberry Sauce:
IMG_8312.JPG

Very tasty Bear! That is about the only thing I miss since my shellfish allergy hit about 10 years ago. We used to do lobster boils often especially when they put Maine, live lobsters on sale for $5.99/lb (back then). I still have a pack of imitation lobster in the fridge I might make a lobster cocktail with dinner tonight.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Looks real good John. I'm a big fan of lobsters in general.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome Bear! I have some to thaw from Christmas too, never thought to use the air frier, we’ll give it a go! Thank you for posting, looks real tasty!

Very tasty Bear! That is about the only thing I miss since my shellfish allergy hit about 10 years ago. We used to do lobster boils often especially when they put Maine, live lobsters on sale for $5.99/lb (back then). I still have a pack of imitation lobster in the fridge I might make a lobster cocktail with dinner tonight.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Thank You Cliff!!
Wow---$5.99 a pound?!?!---Around here, right now 4 ounce tails go for $6.99.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Cliff!!
Wow---$5.99 a pound?!?!---Around here, right now 4 ounce tails go for $6.99.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
That was a long time ago...have not checked in the last few years as I can't eat or cook them anymore.

You did inspire me tonight, imitation lobster cocktails for an appetizer. Home made cocktail sauce, dill garish and imitation lobster. The taste was there, but the imitation lobster is more dense than a real tail...I take what I can get
lobster cocktail.jpg

Now that's a mighty fine looking meal right there John !
Lobster is one of.my favorites too !

Keith

Excellent post John. I, too love Lobster. Similar boat as you, the Mrs. won't eat Lobster. I've been getting from Wild Fork Foods with free shipping. Did you add butter to the Air Fryer during the cook? I usually Broil them in the oven. Great work.

Great looking plate John. I can almost taste it.

I've heard that the local folks in Maine used to walk out at low tide and pick up lobsters from the dried up seabed.

Like shrimp here in coastal NC; Local folks didn't eat them as they were considered "poor people food", and they didn't want to be seen as poor.

Looks real good John. I'm a big fan of lobsters in general.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!
Can't beat 'em!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good I love lobster.
If you need some getting rid of it give me a call, I will gladly help.

Warren
Thank You Warren!!
I knew I could count on your help!
And for the Like.

Bear

It must be tough having to go thru all that lobster on your own John, good to see you are up to the task, looks fantastic! RAY

You had me at lobster John. Man, about my favorite meat on the planet. Being the good Samaritan that I am, I'll offer to help you get rid of the rest of those tails :emoji_laughing: Nice job buddy and some fine eats for sure.

Robert

Looks awesome Bear! I have some to thaw from Christmas too, never thought to use the air frier, we’ll give it a go! Thank you for posting, looks real tasty!

Thank You Jed!!
Yup--Air Fryer does them Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I’m not sure why lobster isn’t extinct. It has to be be in the top 3 tastiest things in the sea along with abalone and king crab.

Those look good incredibly tasty, Bear.
Thank You Sven!!
I have to agree, 100%. !!!
Just can't beat a Nice Buttery Tail !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky