Surf and Turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
KJ's, a local IGA grocer here, has crab legs on sale this week for $7.50/lb. A great price if they look decent so I went to check them out. Usually they don't have the best looking legs, but this time I was pleasantly surprised at how they looked. Including my wife, there's a few in the family who love them so I figured I'd treat them. Invited our best friends over to eat and he doesn't eat them so I figured I would grill a steak or two for me and him and whoever else may want some. He had an idea for a side dish to go with everything so here we go...

The side dish started with 3 colored peppers and 1 medium onion chopped. Into a pan with some butter and course salt and pepper to saute until tender...
20230106_172902[1].jpg

Added 3 bags of frozen riced cauliflower that were allowed to thaw and sauted that...
20230106_181533[1].jpg

Added a jar of chopped sun dried tomatoes, minus the oil, and sauted some more. Garnished with chopped green onions. Call that done...
20230106_183326[1].jpg

Roasted fresh asparagus with butter, salt & pepper, and shredded parmesan cheese until tender and the cheese gets some color...
20230106_183855[1].jpg

Reverse seared 3 ribeyes...
20230106_185250[1].jpg

Crab legs in the pot to steam while the steak was resting...
20230106_185256[1].jpg

Served with garlic bread. Time to eat...
20230106_185826[1].jpg

Our 3 year old granddaughter loves crab legs, just have to teach her how to crack them...🤣 But she's learning...
20230106_202408[1].jpg

The cauliflower side dish was interesting and good. I asked him where he got the recipe and he said he kind of made it up using what he had. I'd make it again...

Nice feast Charles. Looks like it was enjoyed by all.
Cauliflower dish looks tasty. Definitely a different than the norm.

Great looking meal. I like that side. Might have to try something like that myself.

Jim

Nice feast Charles. Looks like it was enjoyed by all.
Cauliflower dish looks tasty. Definitely a different than the norm.
Thanks guys. The whole meal with the exception of the cauliflower dish is fairly straightforward. The cauliflower was my main focus here because it was different pretty good...

awesome looking feast!! thanks for sharing it and your granddaughter is sure a cutie!!
Thank you! She's 1 of the 4 granddaughters we have and the youngest. She just turned 3 and is my Sweetie Pie!

I would be happy with any one of those, let alone a plate full of all of them Great cook!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I would be happy with any one of those, let alone a plate full of all of them Great cook!
Thanks Dude! I went back to the store today to see if the crab legs I got were just a fluke and they had plenty more that looked just as good. For $7.50/lb., I just had to buy some more for the freezer...:emoji_wink:

Looks bomb Charles. My friends in Alaska sent me 34lb of Alaskan king crab today. The wait is killing me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky