Surf and turf lite

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Little light spin on surf and turf. Salad of baby romaine , heirloom cherry tomato, blueberries, Gorgonzola and scallops with a light vinaigrette. Medium rare tri tip with fresh chimichurri. Tri tip was marinated overnight in a combo of soy, Worcestershire, lemon juice, olive oil , garlic and spices. Rubbed lightly with a “dirt” style rub. Did it steakhouse style in cast iron. Seared and finished in oven. Got my second COVID shot and wasn’t feeling like dragging out the grill but was determined to get this meal done. Scallops very simple just seared in avocado oil and a little Old Bay.
B82F7FA8-8DF8-463D-B562-F7273F3FCD80.jpeg
A9A2C132-A5A0-4BB5-B32E-D06028898CC1.jpeg
0E50CBFA-A1C9-4D9B-BB9C-ED0ED2140CC9.jpeg

Man that dirt rub looks good. Any more info on it
It’s a local rub that has activated charcoal, salt, pepper, likely some rosemary , thyme , garlic and onion. It’s nice and light on the salt too. There are national brands like Carnivore black. PM me your addy and when I restock I’ll shoot some you way. He sells it to me dirt cheap, lol pun intended.

Jeff, your creativity and presentation skills know no boundaries. That sir once again is a simply magnificent plate!! I'd pay a small fortune to sit down to that meal my friend. You never cease to amaze!!

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Holy crap Jeff that looks amazing and tasty as hell!!

I like the dark rubs, it makes the steak a lot nicer and pretty tasty too.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky