Supper for tomorrow - Rib Eye Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
Got a great deal on rib eye for $6.99/lb for Angus beef.

c465ffab_ribeye.jpg

Wow, I can hardly wait. I was going to rush home and put it in the smoker today, but why rush things and not do a good job. If I have it tomorrow I can take the time to do it right.

More qview to follow tomorrow.

icon_cool.gif

Nows thats a good idea. Take your time for you really don't want to mess this thing up. Plus I can't get there till tomoorrow anyway. But have you done one before?? if not they're easy I would just put salt, pepper, and garlic on it and then let it go to maybe a internal temp of 135° for rare and maybe 140° for med rare. I wouldn't recommend going any higher then 145° then you might cook all the flavor away. Here's one of the last I did.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt66/mballi3011/prime rib/  

There're really that good.

I've never done one before. I have been disappointed with the prime rib that I have been getting in restaurants lately and I know that I can do better.

Just so I know how to time the complete meal, how long per pound do I cook this at 225°-  230° to reach about 140° internal?

Also, do you inject?

Here are some more qviews.

4 hours cooking to 130° IT and ready to rest.

3d491809_IMG_20101030_175115.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat. It sure was good! Very flavorful and tender.

48212607_IMG_20101030_180752.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures. Did it with my phone.

No pictures of it plated because once it hit the plate we were all over it.

Last edited:
Nice cut of beef and nice job on the smoke.  The price tag usually shocks me a little too much to pick up one of those... call it the newly wed (well, a year ago) cost savings blues...

Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky