Superbowl Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jokensmoken

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Whitmore Lake Michigan
So what's everybody smoking up for superbowl Sunday?
We have an annual pot luck at our local watering hole where it's become customary (expected...lol...) that I'll bring the main meat dish, smoked of course.
I'm doing the usual pulled pork and a few dozen ABTs.
I contemplated a brisket this year but have two nice chuck roasts that need eating so I decided on those instead; some burnt ends and some pulled for BBQ beef sammies...
I'll separate the "lobes" on the chuck roasts and end up with four pieces...
The two smaller ones I'll pull at
180-185 cube and sauce them for ends and pop them back in the smoker to finish...the other two I'll pull a bit sooner...about 165° and add some braising liquid, wrap in foil and pop them back on till they hit about 203...
I'll post some pics as I move along.
Walt

I'm from KC and most people I know are still in a funk from the AFC championship. I haven't heard of any big parties and I certainly don't feel like throwing one.

I'm staying low key this year. Probably will just be me and my wife and maybe a couple friends. Not sure yet. Weather is supposed to be awesome on Saturday so I'm going to smoke a couple 3-4 lb chuck roasts. One will be for pulled beef nachos the other I'll save for sammies. Thinking about some ABT's myself perhaps.

I can't wait over the next few days to see some good Q-View and sharing my own!

Reactions: jokensmoken
Living in RI we're definitely watching the SB!

Pulled pork,wings and baked beans on the smoker.Not sure what others are bringing.

If Brady and gang can do it again the fireworks display will be insane.

Try living in New England and hating the Pats. I think the cold is supposed to break here on Sunday and if it does either the kettle or smoker are getting called upon. Something anything is going on...I'm in a deep Q funk currently.

Chris

At least now I got somebody to root for:

0-1.jpeg

Cooking up a couple chuckies to take over to our friends. Figured I would make burnt ends out of them and use them for finger food. Tom Brady went to Michigan so most Michigan fans root for him around here.
Right...I've been a Tom Brady fan throughout his career...I love chuckie burnt ends...
I got three chucks rubbed up now to go on about 5 or 6 for a nice long overnight smoke.
Our party starts with a pot luck and the puppy bowl a d rolls into the game.

Pulled pork and slaw. I have two 8.5 Butts on as I type. Going to my friend's and she's having everyone bring something but of course my PP is the main event ;) I live in CT and I think most of you would be shocked how many people hate the Pats. I'm a transplant so I don't love or hate, but I am pretty much sick of hearing about them. And yes, that missed call in the Saints game was a killer :(

I’m going to smoke a pork shoulder for pulled pork. I made a nice hot bbq sauce the other night. I’m going to start in a little while with the rub and let the meat cure some overnight. My wife will make broccoli slaw, should be a great meal!

Pulled pork and slaw. I have two 8.5 Butts on as I type. Going to my friend's and she's having everyone bring something but of course my PP is the main event ;) I live in CT and I think most of you would be shocked how many people hate the Pats. I'm a transplant so I don't love or hate, but I am pretty much sick of hearing about them. And yes, that missed call in the Saints game was a killer :(
I've got a 9ish pounder rubbed up now for pulled pork to go with three chucks (also rubbed and resting) and about 4-5 dozen ABTs..
Good times...we always do a puppy bowl pot luck at 3:00 to get the party started...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky