Super Tuscan Wine is Done and Bottled...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now living where you live and being a fisherman and sportsman I would think you'd be eating a lot of seafood and with it dictating a white wine consuming such wine often, Not suggesting over consuming just consuming a glass or two with the meal. You need to figure out those seafood dishes that dictate a nice red wine :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
My Uncles and Cousins have settled on a white recipe that is pretty good. It is a heavily oaked chardonnay and almost looks yellow when it is finished. They like to refer to it a "Oaky Fanokey Chardonoaky" ...LOL! Its really good with smoked oysters and blackened redfish.

This looks like it was alot of fun and I think you will be doing more of this going forward.

This looks like it was alot of fun and I think you will be doing more of this going forward.
It was fun. And I will be making more. We are already talking about what wine we want to do next. I'm thinking Valpolicella or a really good Amarone kit. Would love to find a Sangiovese grape wine kit.....but they are hard to get.

Reactions: bmudd14474
Not a wine drinker. But that looks mighty cool. And to be able to have a meal that the majority of it you produced yourself is very self gratifying.

Jim

It was fun. And I will be making more. We are already talking about what wine we want to do next. I'm thinking Valpolicella or a really good Amarone kit. Would love to find a Sangiovese grape wine kit.....but they are hard to get.
Oh, Keith. You are Soooo hooked. And that's a good thing!

I hoisted a Sangiovese last night after reading this thread again. The one on the right (reader's right) is from my daughter's FIL. He usually does a fancy label but went simple this year for some reason. He has a foot bridge in his backyard that goes to a wooded corner of his property, thus the name "Bridge to Nowhere" cellers.

The one on the left is from a wine Co-op he belongs to.

20230328_102550.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Hey Inda - is there a good native population of wild muscadine near you? Not that I'm much of a muscadine wine fan, but it would be neat if you could actually harvest some of the grapes and use a kit with native fruit. My thought is that you turn native game into Italian inspired delicacies, so why not use native fruit?

One of my retired Uncles works part time at a wine shop and belongs to a Co-Op. They are pressing 1 ton of grapes and making wine this year....big project! something like 750 bottles......
Fun stuff. We've helped bottle 3 or 4 times for the co-op. Two lines form. I'm always the corker using one very similar to yours. Good exercise. I'll have to look to see if I can find pics of 40-50 people working the lines, prepping lunch, working relief, etc.

Bottling starts between 8-9 AM. Finishes around 1-2 PM then a big lunch. Usually only 4-6 broken bottles. I believe we bottled 400 cases the day I took the movies. And that co-op started with a couple guys making a few gallons of wine.

Ah. Found a couple of short movies I took with a point-n-shoot camera. I'll take some snips off my computer if you want to see what you have to look forward to once you get friends drinking your wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Hey Inda - is there a good native population of wild muscadine near you? Not that I'm much of a muscadine wine fan, but it would be neat if you could actually harvest some of the grapes and use a kit with native fruit. My thought is that you turn native game into Italian inspired delicacies, so why not use native fruit?
I've had muscadine wine...not big on sweet fruity wines. Much prefer well aged dry red wines with high acid and medium tannins.

I opened a bottle of the The Super Tuscan this past weekend. Very good. smoothed out quite a bit, but a little more time aging should allow the tannins to smooth out even more. I like it.

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky