Super-quick drum burn with a leaf blower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

artisanbeard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Mountain City, GA.
Hey guys, I really wanted to burn out my drum today. I had 4-5 pallets at the house, but it rained all night and they were soaking wet. A friend of mine owns a custom cabinet shop and always has a ton of scraps of hardwood available...the problem is, the pieces are all so small that there is not a lot of room for oxygen to get in there. Solution: Leaf Blower. I wadded up a bunch of scrap paper and topped it off with the wood, lit the bad boy up...very little flame mostly smoke, after a couple of minutes I took the leaf blower to it and boy did it stoke that fire. Seriously, it was like a jet engine... most of the paint and the liner inside were gone in a matter of 5 minutes!

This is the barrel before the burn...

Here it is 10 minutes later (5 minutes after the leaf blower was introduced)...

Action shot (cue awesome action scene music)...

The fuel...

My "Stoker"...

I know I'm not the first to do this, but I haven't seen anyone else do it this way. I just wanted to get it done fast, and this was pretty darn quick. I hope this helps somebody.

-Kyle (ArtisanBeard)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky