Super Bowl Brisket (adhoc) unplanned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eminence_front

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Well, I told a story the other day about getting ribs and brisket on a great deal due to the foul weather here in Dallas.

So going after Coffee, and returning with a few cuts of meat, lump coals, and some seasonings I did some knock-out baby backs in the 22 deg. temps, that wifey loved !

Today, in honor of Dallas hosting the Super Bowl, I decided to do a Brisket for Mama, even though we're just staying home.

Standard prep on it yesterday. Did a little diff. rub and cut some of the cayenne since it's usually too spicy for her. And substituted mild chili powder in place of half the black pepper.

Here's a shot at 6-3/4 hr. mark. Just brushed on some mop and rotated over, and 90-degrees.

51f6a44a_brisket3.jpg

Looks Good So Far...

Is it done yet and don't forget the sliced qview...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky