Sunday Supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
IMG_20220807_123014892_HDR.jpg IMG_20220807_165044336.jpg IMG_20220807_170942538.jpg IMG_20220807_171833507.jpg
nothing fancy, just smoked a meatloaf and some beans for yesterday's supper in the camp chef woodwind. we love meatloaf this way and this one turned out good as always. beans got a little overdone as i put them in to soon.

I'd say it looks like a plateful of happiness right there! Looks delicious!

Ryan

That looks fantastic!
What a great way to smoke a meatloaf, so much more surface area to get some smoke!
Al
thanks Al, it does seem to pick up more smoke making a flatter, larger size. used a 12'' smoke tube with apple pellets this time and had comp blend in the hopper. smoked it at 225 till it hit 160 or so

thanks Ryan, we really enjoy meatloaf this way, and pretty easy to just throw it in the woodwind and let time do it's thing

We love a smoked meatloaf in our house. Got me to thinking we haven’t done one in a while. Gonna have to rectify that soon. Yours Looks darn good!
Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
The meatloaf looks fantastic as do the scalloped potatoes (at least I'm assuming those are scalloped taters) and there's nothing about that plate I wouldn't love.

beans got a little overdone as i put them in to soon.
You couldn't tell from where I'm sitting. They appear to be perfect. Love the color change from when you put them on to when you took them off.

Robert

The meatloaf looks fantastic as do the scalloped potatoes (at least I'm assuming those are scalloped taters) and there's nothing about that plate I wouldn't love.

You couldn't tell from where I'm sitting. They appear to be perfect. Love the color change from when you put them on to when you took them off.

Robert
Robert, Thanks for your kind words, appreciate them. Yep, they were scalloped potatoes ( love them too!).
Beans were really good, just got a bit dried out I thought. But had no leftovers, so others enjoyed them too!

Smoked meatloaf is a fam fav! I’d have no problem sitting down to a plate of that! Nice cook!

Congrats on the carousel ride!

Your cook is featured on the home page banner of members cooks!
Wow, very surprised to see that( I never view the homepage)!! Thanks to whoever put that on there! Great to have happen, but don't know if I'm deserving of the event!

That looks great! I started doing my meatloaf on parchment paper which I thought was a game changer, I see you are doing yours on a grill mat over a sheet pan, did you do that to raise it out of the pan or make it easier to handle? I use grill mats all the time on my gasser, never thought to use them in my smoker?

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky