Sunday Spares

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Had a rack of spares thawed, trimmed, mustard coated, and covered with rib rub. The Pro 100 was preheated to 225º, apple chips moistened and ready
DSCN1579.JPG

Having faith in the Pro 100's accuracy controlling heat I decided to go with a straight 3-2-1 smoke. 3 hours, 3 full pans of apple chips, great smoke, barely visible.

DSCN1580.JPG

3 hours in I gave the rack a spritz and foil wrapped them in a double shot of Evan Williams, just enough left in the jug to warm my belly. Popped out 2 hours later

DSCN1581.JPG

Sauced the rack with SBR and back in the smoker for the last hour, cocktail time! Came out looking mighty fine.

DSCN1583.JPG

Dinner shot. Ribs, spinach, a buttery yam, glass of cab.
DSCN1584.JPG

The ribs had a perfect bite without being FOTB, with that sweet smoky bark I never reached for the bottle of BBQ sauce. It was a nice change from having to constantly monitor the fire when smoking on my SQ36, the trade-off being the offset delivers a deeper and richer smoke flavor, it's nice having options. Well that my story and I'm sticking to it, thanks for looking. RAY

Ummm ribs.. love me some ribs though after my ribs I couldn't go to solid times without checking it. My last porkkies were done after 4 hours another hour would been way too much.

Reactions: sawhorseray
My grills and smoker have been in hibernation for about 4 months now. I can't wait to sink my teeth into some good old fashion ribs. Nicely done Ray.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ummm ribs.. love me some ribs though after my ribs I couldn't go to solid times without checking it. My last porkkies were done after 4 hours another hour would been way too much.

My Pro 100 is made in the USA and doesn't have the wide temperature swings that many electrics are noted to have, stays +/- 5º of where I set it, it's been checked and double checked for over 12 years now, it's reliable as my kitchen oven. Thanks for the Like, it's appreciated. RAY

Nice ribs Ray! They look delicious!

Better smoke from the offset, but this was easy. Thanks for the Like, it's appreciated. RAY

Nice job Ray! Everything looks delicious! Al

Thanks for the Like Al, it's appreciated. RAY

Nice lookin' ribs Ray and nice lookin' plate also BIG LIKE! John

Kind of amazing being here John, this beautiful winter weather we get to smoke all year long. Thanks for the Like, it's appreciated. RAY

My grills and smoker have been in hibernation for about 4 months now. I can't wait to sink my teeth into some good old fashion ribs. Nicely done Ray. Point for sure Chris

Your time will be coming soon Chris! I could never live where it snows, the arthritis in my hands and shoulders just wouldn't cooperate. Thanks for the Like, it's appreciated. RAY

Those ribs looks great Ray nice man! Evan Williams and cab...no rolling rocks?

Of course I drilled a couple, maybe three, RR's during the first five hours of the cook John, afterall, it was Sunday. Thanks for the Like, it's appreciated. RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks good . It is good to have options , and a trusted electric is a good one to have . Nice work .

Thanks Rich, and thanks for the Like also! I got that smoker a good 13 years ago on a successful trip back from Reno, I'd hit a $3K keno ticket at the Peppermill and we stopped at the Cabelas in Boomtown. I had a small (unnamed) smoker that wrecked a batch of sausage by fatting out the casings and leaving me nothing but a mess to clean up. They had this model on the floor selling for $1149 down from $1500, paid cash. It's made for Cabelas by PS Seasonings in Wisconsin, no longer available from Cabelas, and costs right around $1800 these days. It's been trouble free since day one and everything I've smoked on it has come out perfect, every time. RAY

Whoa now who couldn't do harm that plate. Awesome Meal there guy. Warren

Thanks for the Like Warren, it is appreciated. The leftovers weren't too bad either, got some tater salad at Walmart. Thinking about grabbing a pork belly from Costco to cure in the fridge and smoke up some bacon before I wheel the Pro 100 back into the garage. Here in AZ I geuss I could leave it under the covered patio forever and it'd be fine, but I've babied it since I got it and will continue to do so. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky