Sunday Prime Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
I defrosted a 10 pound prime brisket from Costco for this mornings smoke.

Fired up the LoneStarz offset and trimmed the brisket (no photos of the trim).

Seasoned with salt and pepper and onto the smoker at 7am. I’m using SmokenAl’s trick with the trimmings on top of the brisket to keep it moist.

8D0F1DA3-9653-46B7-A86F-C4F5DA774C7A.jpeg

After about 45 minutes you can already see the drippings on the brisket.

It’s going to be a great day! Hope you are having a good one too.
Dave

That is one fine looking brisket there my friend!
Nicely done & congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al

Way to go, nice job on that brisket.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks GMC and Yankee.

I think SmokinAl's "fat on the top shelf" technique really adds a lot of moisture to the brisket. I don't have a lagoon full of turtles to feed it to after the smoke though... lol

Thanks for the kind words texomakid and Disco! The brisket being a “prime” brisket makes all the difference. And at $2.99 a pound it was a steal!

Costco has their prime brisket at $2.99/lb about once a month here. I try to stock up when they do.

Does anyone else notice that a prime brisket cooks faster than other briskets? This one was 10 pounds before trimming so I’m guessing about 8 pounds after trimming. It was done in about 6 hours smoking between 240°-270°.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky