summersville lake west virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
omg like debi would share a room w/misfits & myself.... thats just dangerous.;....i'll be chaining myself to me pit....and i do love a strong coffee wake up.... y'all really should come- i promise i'll have the final arrangements by friday.....

i may be getting ahead of thing but here's part of what we got laid in plaid...Games Schedule:

Saturday:

11:00 AM – 12:00PM Area 1 5# Rock Toss Area 2 10# Rock Toss

12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Area 1 Mini-Marshmallow Shoot Area 2 RegularMarshmallowShoot

1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Area 1 Wiffle Ball Throw Area 2 Javelin Throw

2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Area 1 Fence Post Toss Area 2 Fence Post Toss
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Area 1 and 2 combined
Over the Shoulder Lass Carry

4: 00 PM – 5:00 PM Area 1 and 2 combined
Whisky Shot 5 yard dash

5:00 PM Gauntlet Run for disqualified contestants to BBQ area

Sunday:

11:00 AM – 12:30 PM 3 Person Teams Tug of War
6 Person Teams Tug of War
12 Person Teams Tug of War

12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Best Kilted Lad Contest
Best Scottish Lass Costume Contest

1:30 PM – 3:00 PM Awards Given

also - friday noon to 5pm check in-
5-7 harvest moon feast & albannach if they can do it
7-9 harvest moon get together
9-10 pick teams for the games
9-10 harvest moon festival.
sunday- for those that are left- 8-10pm the fall back prayer(it's a celtic thing)- tribute to the fall back moon and blessing of the crops.

Okay Gypsy, thanks for the update! I just emailed them for info on their cabins... hopefully me and the misses can pull this off!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

my goodness, this is making me totally homesick!! and I just got back from there after almost 3 weeks of visiting....

I cant come this year, but if plan on it again next year, I'll make my plans to go back to WV around the same time!!

Lisa
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Me too Gyspy Me too!

Lisa I wish we'd have known eariler so you could be there with us! We'll pop a cold one in your honor I promise!

So far,so good,Im still hoping to be for the hoe down.Im thinking a smoker full of whole chickens and whatever comes up.Ill bring the chickens and smoke whatever else shows up.Its been a long hot summer here and Im ready for a nice weekend in the mountains.I just hope the weather cooperate with us,that time of the year here things can turn fickle quick.Debi better bring some warm clothes just in case.Of course we can always huddle around the smokers and the jug or each other for heat.

well i was wondering about the menu but i got a cabin so i think i'll do some of my pooter shooter pintos & dutche's wicked on fri & prolly do a pork shoulder before i leave here for my carne guisada & egg breakfast tacos w/ some egg/salsa/cheese stuffed fatty for brkfst. some ribs,fatty,& something else(6-8 hr smoke) for sat. along w/ 1 pit just for dogs & burgs. depends on how big the crowd is & how early i can get to the pavillion. p.s. here's a link to some pics someone got of the cabins(that deck is all 1 cabin-ours) and the place.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0QaOWbJy5bsXFQ
when we get about 2 wks out i'll decide what to bring for food. btw i should have a cajun cooker(deep fryer) & a gosm by then for just warming stuff & hot water etc. ya gonna be making them fireworks ????? i know munitions too- hehe....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky