summer sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrwoelfel

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
New London, Mn
Just got done with some 50/50 venison/pork SS. started it at 830 this morning at 140 with no smoke. Increased it ever hour by 10 degrees until 180. checked about 5 of them, out of 20 and the all read 160. i have never completed a smoke like this in that short of time. has anyone else been surprised like that?

I have, nearly ruined the whole batch. My thermometer was messed up and heat was higher than I had thought. Another reason I want to get a GOOD thermometer. I have gone through 4-5 cheaper ones so far. Probes usually fail. That has been the the reason for ours to mess up.

I checked it with three different thermometer and they all read within 2 degrees of each other. just went out and cut some, werent very firm. putting them in for aa little longer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky