Summer sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pawoodswalker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Kennerdell Pa
I was wondering if anyone on here has ever mixed ground beef and turkey burger for summer sausage. I am going to make a 15lb batch and see how it turns out. I have a High mountain kit that I'm going to use. "I alway's Doctor it up a bit", Going to be 8 lbs Ground beef, 6 lbs ground turkey and 1 lb ground ground pork. Will let you know how it turns out.

Everything all Mixed and was in the fridge over Nite

04f065d1_photo1.jpg

Casing's All Stuffed

01088411_photo.jpg

In the smoker, Now Just Have to Wait

8659b7f8_smoker.jpg

Everything I read says internal temp 160 , Its been on about 5 1/ 2 hrs now. turned it up to 180 about for 2 hrs , the internal is 150, Going to bump it to 225 and finish it off.

Everything I read says internal temp 160 , Its been on about 5 1/ 2 hrs now. turned it up to 180 about for 2 hrs , the internal is 150, Going to bump it to 225 and finish it off.
Too late now, but I think I would have bumped it to 200 to finish it.

Probably doesn't hurt anything though.

Sorry I'm late.

Bear

Bear Once I gave it some thought I did bump it to 200 instead of 225, Since its been going in 20 degree increments .Total cook was about 71/2 hrs. Its got a different texture to it, must be the turkey. But it is very good.I would do it again.My Wife really likes it and  If she's happy I'm Happy. LOL
sausage.gif

Don't really care for the casings that came with the kit, Going monday and get some hog casings so I'll be ready next time I wanna do so sausage or bolgna

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky