Sugar Free BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been using Nature's Bounty 1200mg fish oil for at least 20-years and I think I tasted fish once! Of course, I also eat a lot of mackerel too so my system is probably highly acclimated.

Crazy as this will sound to you - I also loved Bluefish when I lived back home! :D Oily fish is powerful food!

If there is an Asian/Chinese supermarket near you, you might be lucky enough they have some fresh (or frozen) Norwegian Mackerel that they will clean and deep fry for you right in the store - just incredibly good eating in my humble opinion.
Are you kidding i am right near SUNY Stony Brook, there a plenty of Asian markets. The problem with no prescription fish is it drove up my cholesterol that is why I went on the prescription one. Then the insurance made me change it to a generic.

I used to do a bunch of blue fishing but never could find a way to cook it
right so I could tolerate eating it.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Are you kidding i am right near SUNY Stony Brook, there a plenty of Asian markets. The problem with no prescription fish is it drove up my cholesterol that is why I went on the prescription one. Then the insurance made me change it to a generic.

I used to do a bunch of blue fishing but never could find a way to cook it
right so I could tolerate eating it.
Bluefish is an acquired taste! :emoji_wink:

First, you have to filet the bluefish immediately. Then cut away the dark meat and brine what is left - I used to use seawater in a zip lock and put into an ice filled cooler immediately.

After a 24-hour soak and then a good rinse - broiled with a bit of garlic and butter - I loved it!

Sorry to hear about the fish-oil conundrum but even just for the taste I hope you get to try a deep-fried Mackerel - surprisingly great tasting in spite of their reputation.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky