Suasage casing tie method- Poll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What method do you prefer for tying your sausage casings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are we talking large diameter stuff, or anything? Large stuff like summer sausage I use hog rings, and occasionally twine, small caliber links I tie the ends with the casing and twist into links.

Are we talking large diameter stuff, or anything? Large stuff like summer sausage I use hog rings, and occasionally twine, small caliber links I tie the ends with the casing and twist into links.

A good point. I was referring to sausage casing sizes from 32 mm and up....

MvUOcbN.jpg

I mostly knot the gut for my coils and rings.... unless I'm hanging something like Texas Hots, then I add some string.

oFhTsI6.jpg

Reactions: JC in GB
I knot the ends of the casing and twist every other link. Large Fibrous Casing I tie with Butcher Twine...JJ

Since I use collagen for Polish, Brats, etc., I use zip ties. Works like a charm.

This brought back memories. The most local source for great Kielbasa, used a Collagen Casing. My Dad didn't like the case texture and would peel it off. The dog was Thrilled!
I, being use to Slim Jim's, just powered through the casing.
I can see the benefit of Collagen being more durable and less trouble in usage and storage, than Natural Hog Casing...JJ

Hey JCinGB! We don't eat pork, or use pork products. Haven't the pennies to get fresh sheep casings or beef middles. Besides, the collagen casings are available right off the shelf at Academy Sporting Goods locally. Me and my boys are the ones eating it. It may not appear "normal," but is tastes right. I was just answering the poll. R

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky