STX Turboforce II grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only dawn dish soap. And not allot of it either. The only thing I can think of was that I let them soak once for a couple of hours.

If you have hard water, it contains alkalies... That "could" account for the etching.... Adding a small amount of vinegar "can" counter act any alkalies... I use vinegar to clean out the deposited alkalies in my coffee pot... I also add vinegar to my Sous Vide to stop the deposition of alkalies on the element and associated parts....

Reactions: Steve H
If you have hard water, it contains alkalies... That "could" account for the etching.... Adding a small amount of vinegar "can" counter act any alkalies... I use vinegar to clean out the deposited alkalies in my coffee pot... I also add vinegar to my Sous Vide to stop the deposition of alkalies on the element and associated parts....

I'm on town water. And haven't had any issues in the past. But I will take a sample to work and get it tested. Thanks for the idea.

Damn, I haven't gotten the thing yet and having second thoughts about sending it back. It didn't like the light weight on it. The entire shipping package is 14 pounds. LEM is about 34#. My brain went "You messed up" see it

My 400 watt cabelas heavy duty works fine to grind meat, but doesn't like par frozen meat to do sausage. I was trying to stay affordable on this, but starting to feel like I should have dropped the extra $150 on the LEM or Weston #12 and send this one back?

Anyone done Par frozen meat with these?

I think I am going to get the LEM 12 Big Bite. I can always get their mixer later if I want to use with it.

I told my daughter and wife that I am always busting my wife's chops for buying cheap and having to upgrade later and I was going to do the same thing. She agreed with me. :emoji_sunglasses:

Buy Once...Cry Once. Makes sense but not always Budget friendly. I agree the Big Bite is a better choice that will last a lifetime...

The test came in at 21.4 mg/L So it isn't bad at all. Unless they had a issue at their end for awhile. Then corrected it. I'll probably never find out.

I think I am going to get the LEM 12 Big Bite. I can always get their mixer later if I want to use with it.

I told my daughter and wife that I am always busting my wife's chops for buying cheap and having to upgrade later and I was going to do the same thing. She agreed with me. :emoji_sunglasses:
If you have any questions on the LEM, give them a call and speak with Ty Zeinner. I am sure she can help.

Most dish washing soaps are alkaline... Could be the long soak was the culprit...

Alkaline Soap and HOT Water is just as Caustic as Acids. I Use to have a Shiny Kitchen Aid Paddle and Dough Hook. Not no more. The kids loaded them in the Dishwasher. The Grinder Head of my Kitchener #12 gets Hand Washed, Oven dried and the steel parts get oiled. One of these days I'll get some spray Silicone...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky