Stuffed Tomatoes, Roasted Corn, Mexican Rice and Queso Fresco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Stuffed Tomatoes
Hollowed out large garden tomatoes.
Stuffed with roasted corn, Mexican rice, queso fresco and chopped cilantro.
Add some salsa to the rice/corn mixture if you like, meat can be added too if desired.
Topped with butter.

Smoked lightly over mesquite or hickory at 275°-300°° for 1-1.5 hours.

uF0WfRb.jpg

qjS9zAW.jpg

DRcZQBC.jpg

CqPIXDw.jpg

You can easily make changes to this recipe for different flavor profiles.

If you need a good Mexican rice recipe, click here, Arroz Mexicana/Mexican Rice

Last edited:
These look great Chile, i'm always looking for different ideas for my vegetarian friends.

Last edited:
I'm hoping some of the tomato plants we got in produce big ones like this- be nice to try some thing like this, we normally end up tossing tomatoes because we run out of ideas to use em!

Wonderful idea Chile, I'm not to into cooked tomatoes unless it's for sauce, but I think keeping the tomatoes raw with just the cooked queso fresco would be great.

Point for sure

Chris

I'm hoping some of the tomato plants we got in produce big ones like this- be nice to try some thing like this, we normally end up tossing tomatoes because we run out of ideas to use em!
Great idea Chile. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful idea Chile, I'm not to into cooked tomatoes unless it's for sauce, but I think keeping the tomatoes raw with just the cooked queso fresco would be great.

Point for sure

Chris
Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments/likes.
I'm about to eat one of these for breakfast, cut open and an egg or two atop it.

Gonna do these again, but with an Italian twist.

Roasted corn mixed with white rice, shredded mozzarella, fresh chopped basil and some EVOO.
More mozzarella melted on top.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky