Stuffed pork loins w qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbomx363

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Denham Springs, LA.
Wanted to try some stuffed pork loins for Christmas to go along with a spatchcocked turkey in the oven (worked great, right on the rack at 425* with a pan underneath, after skin was crispy golden, cut temp to 350* to take to an IT of 165*), which was a last minute deal as we couldn't find our electrical cord for our oil less fryer, oops.

Glad I did this as it was very good and a hit with my family.

I didn't cut the loin so great, but it worked just fine. I trimmed the fat off and cut the whole loin in 2 pieces.

Bacon wrapped them both and 1 was filled with stove top pork dressing (yeup, I like the stuff) and apple pie filling, the one with the sliced apples. The other was filled with the dressing and shredded colby and monterray jack with a little bit of cream cheese so the package said. Made a mistake and forgot to put rub on loin before wrapping, so put on the top, worked okay, but will remember to rub the loin 1st the next time.

Took a little longer than expected, because they were filled so much I'm guessing, about 3 1/2 hours with apple and cherry wood at about 235* with water in the pan. Once IT got to 130*, I upped temp to 325* to crisp the bacon up. Took to 142*, foiled and rested for 30 minutes.

Here's the Q:

Rolled out:

Apple filling, didn't take one of cheese filling:

Wrapped and tied. Not the best tie job, but it worked fine:

A little over stuffed apple:

A little under stuff cheese:

And on the plate, with some green bean casserole and turkey:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky