Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grothe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2008
Connecticut
REPOST from 12/06/09 (last repost - I promise!!!)

I haven't posted anything in a while (it's been crazy for the last month), so I smoked a stuffed pork loin w/ cherry stuffing.

About 4lbs of loin

Opened up

The cherry stuffing was so good, I was eating it right out of the pan

Topped the loin w/ stuffing

Rolled, tied, rubbed with a little 'Slap Ya Mama' (love the stuff), and topped with a few strips of bacon

Smoked at 250 til an internal temp of 160 w/ cherry chunks....Pic in smoker didn't come out

Sliced

Plated with spanish rice & corn

It tasted great....and a change from the usual apple stuffing.

I also managed to salvage the laptop.....LOL

Thanks for the repost my friend. I like the combination of pork and fruit, it's always a winner. That meal was worth waiting for.

That looks delicious. Thanks for the repost.
icon_smile.gif

Looks great! May have to try one with some sort of cherry stuffing. Did you use dried cherries?

Yup.
I can post the stuffing recipe tomorrow if ya want it.

Cherry Stuffing

1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 tablespoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
2-1/2 cups salad croutons
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
In a small saucepan, bring cherries and water to a boil, Remove from the heat; set aside (do not drain).
In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, parsley, carrot, sage, rosemary and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the croutons, broth, pepper, nutmeg, extract and cherries. Let stand until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.

Gene, thanks for reposting this! It's one of my favorites.
I hope you re-post all threads that you can find.
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky