Stuffed pig burger

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smokingd, May 23, 2010.

1. Well I decided to do a pork burger stuffed with saute'd mushroom and onion. I started with a nice pork shoulder steak.

I ground 4 large mushrooms and a 1/4 of an onion plus 1 tbls of chopped garlic as I was grinding the meat.

Then sliced some onion, mushroom and jalepeno for the guts of the burger

I saute'd these in butter and red wine vinegar until tender. (I also tossed in a touch of ground pepper and a pinch of salt.)

Onto stuffing this thing. I use a 4" piece of PVC cut 1" thick for my mold [​IMG]. I used an old sharp cheddar and then topped with a small piece of processed cheese.

Put the top on pull off the mold and mmmmmmmmmmm one big ass burger

I plan to smoke these with a mix of hickory and birch. Will post the results soon

Thanks for looking

P.S.
    Thought you might like these pics of my new cutting board. I built this out of Maple and bordered with Walnut. This cutting board is 22"X22"X1 1/2" and weighs in around 8lbs.

and the other side

This last pic is just to give you a better idea of the color of this thing

2. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great idea on the pork burger, my smoking list is getting longer. I'm digging that chopping board. [​IMG]

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Gotta love those stuffed burgers!!

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking burgers and that cutting board looks great

5. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Neat burger idea and that's one nice cutting board [​IMG]

6. dennisdocb

dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Love stuffed burg's...nice cutting board...also like tour idea of the mold.

7. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

The board looks great, the burger looks great, but tomorrow I will be hunting up a piece of pvc for sure. If its good enough to carry drinking water it oughta be good enough for food prep.

This just made my day. Two days ago making burgers I was thinking of a way to russel up a burger press.

Thank You.

8. and for the finish

Stuffed burgers and homemade chips
    First the wifes

Then mine [​IMG]

It tasted just as good as it looks

9. fourthwind

fourthwind Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome! Got to love the culinary and building talents of the folks on this board.[​IMG]

10. meatball

meatball Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Very nice...great job and I love the pvc patty maker and cutting board! 

11. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

just curious, you said a piece of 4" PVC 1" thick....how much meat was required per burger?

and that was for 1 burger right?...gotta be a decent sized burger

BTW Looks awesome  [​IMG], I love they way folks on here incorporate PVC with smoking, the simplest ideas are so often over looked.

Great Job my friend

12. Each burger uses approx.  1/3 of a pound of meat depending on if you choose to stuff it or not.
     And yes it is one big burger my wife has only ever finished one LOL.  I also have some PVC cut to 3/4",1/2" and 3/8" thickness for the smaller mouthed people lol

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  13. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

those look really good, i never thought about grinding pork like that, good i bet? and those homade chips are getting me wanting to make some.

14. The Burger looks AWESOME!!!! so does the Cutting board... Great Job![​IMG]

15. cruizer

cruizer Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Great looking burgers. Man I love that cutting board![​IMG]