1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stuffed Loin Qview inside

Discussion in 'Pork' started by pigbark, Oct 25, 2013.

1. pigbark

pigbark Smoke Blower

Got inspired by a recent post by Dave,he did some good knife work on a Loin with a good Qview - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...layed-stuffed-roulade-style-loin-update-10-21

Loins can be a pain sometimes, they wanna dry out and to be honest there isn't a lot of natural taste because of the low fat content of the cut...

I been marinating and injecting Loins for a while now with good success and thought I would try to stuff a loin for a change...  sooooooo   here goes ...

first thing is to cut the Loin, I used Daves method in the link above..

the I hit it with a lot of Garlic, im guessing about a Ton.

Then I hit it with some Italian seasoning, prolly about 1/2 Ton

Then a layer of Pepperoni for some extra flavor.

then I put some browned ground beef in ,, I wanted to cook off some of the fat before I put it in the Loin.

Next I added some fresh sliced Onion , Peppers, Mushrooms and a nice layer of Monsterella cheese.. sorry no pic as I had burger still cooking and a couple other things,, I was getting in the weeds lol...

so I rolled it best I could and tied it up..

Then another 1/2 Ton of Italian seasoning for the outside..

closer pic

In the MES 30 @225 with the Apple pellets smoking slowly,hope they stay lit...

then about 2 hrs in .

I just left the door shut and let r ride..

Shes cooling off now.. I stuck it with my therm and took it out, juices just poured and filled the foil under the rack... the  Mushrooms will shed a lot of juice for extra moisture and the onions n peppers n Pepperoni will as well.. This one took longer to cook @ 4.5 hrs -took it to 148 IT ... Ill get some sliced pix when she cools off a little more..

Thanks for looking.

2. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hmmmm, yum.....and a thing of beauty is a joy forever. I've had those same problems with onions & 'shrooms while making pizzas....I now sauté them up in some olive oil till they caramelize a bit and cook off that excess moisture...just a thought for next time.....Willie

3. pigbark

pigbark Smoke Blower

Thanks Chef Willie,, ill try that next time.. i was scared to do the shrooms etc. because i thought it might dry out a little to much. I still havnt cut it, but i bet a lot of it stayed in, prolly to much.. smells really good though ... you could prolly call it a Loin Fatty

4. pigbark

pigbark Smoke Blower

a few slices- Not as much run off as I thought there would be, its cold enough for the cheese to tighten up..

5. [​IMG]Looks GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

6. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Fantastic! Nice job!

7. Looks great with an awesome presentation. I haven't done a stuffed loin in a while but I do have on in the freezer. That might be Sunday's dinner, I like this recipe!

Scott

8. pigbark

pigbark Smoke Blower

Thanks everyone.. The only thing I would do different is add some more Garlic a little later in the smoke, maybe a couple times or a Garlic/butter basting... I had a lot on the Loin in the first pic and after 4 + hrs it really cooked off... The shrooms etc were really tasty but not fully cooked through and still have a decent center to them..

It might be the Garlic im using, its a Roasted Garlic.. I havnt used it but a few times... just putting that out there fyi...