Stuffed Loin Qview inside

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigbark

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Southern I ndiana
Got inspired by a recent post by Dave,he did some good knife work on a Loin with a good Qview - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...layed-stuffed-roulade-style-loin-update-10-21

Loins can be a pain sometimes, they wanna dry out and to be honest there isn't a lot of natural taste because of the low fat content of the cut...

I been marinating and injecting Loins for a while now with good success and thought I would try to stuff a loin for a change...  sooooooo   here goes ...

first thing is to cut the Loin, I used Daves method in the link above..

the I hit it with a lot of Garlic, im guessing about a Ton.

Then I hit it with some Italian seasoning, prolly about 1/2 Ton

Then a layer of Pepperoni for some extra flavor.

then I put some browned ground beef in ,, I wanted to cook off some of the fat before I put it in the Loin.

Next I added some fresh sliced Onion , Peppers, Mushrooms and a nice layer of Monsterella cheese.. sorry no pic as I had burger still cooking and a couple other things,, I was getting in the weeds lol...

so I rolled it best I could and tied it up..

Then another 1/2 Ton of Italian seasoning for the outside..

closer pic

In the MES 30 @225 with the Apple pellets smoking slowly,hope they stay lit...

then about 2 hrs in .

I just left the door shut and let r ride..

Shes cooling off now.. I stuck it with my therm and took it out, juices just poured and filled the foil under the rack... the  Mushrooms will shed a lot of juice for extra moisture and the onions n peppers n Pepperoni will as well.. This one took longer to cook @ 4.5 hrs -took it to 148 IT ... Ill get some sliced pix when she cools off a little more..

Thanks for looking.

Hmmmm, yum.....and a thing of beauty is a joy forever. I've had those same problems with onions & 'shrooms while making pizzas....I now sauté them up in some olive oil till they caramelize a bit and cook off that excess moisture...just a thought for next time.....Willie

Thanks Chef Willie,, ill try that next time.. i was scared to do the shrooms etc. because i thought it might dry out a little to much. I still havnt cut it, but i bet a lot of it stayed in, prolly to much.. smells really good though ... you could prolly call it a Loin Fatty

drool.gif
Looks GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

Looks great with an awesome presentation. I haven't done a stuffed loin in a while but I do have on in the freezer. That might be Sunday's dinner, I like this recipe!

Scott

Thanks everyone.. The only thing I would do different is add some more Garlic a little later in the smoke, maybe a couple times or a Garlic/butter basting... I had a lot on the Loin in the first pic and after 4 + hrs it really cooked off... The shrooms etc were really tasty but not fully cooked through and still have a decent center to them..

It might be the Garlic im using, its a Roasted Garlic.. I havnt used it but a few times... just putting that out there fyi...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky