Stuffed chicken thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anything and everything you can imagine.

Ham and Bleu cheese, Chicken Cordon Bleu.

Potatoes, nice mashed or fried potatoes, very spicy and/or savory.

Any chile, large or small, cored out, stuff with real cheese, I like Chihuahua for a Mexican melting cheese.

Stuffing, a nice savory bread stuffing with lots of mushrooms, onions and celery.

A nice hunk of jalapeno and cheese smoked sausage.

And don't forget to wrap any or all of those in bacon!

Last edited:
I take left over pulled pork wrapped in proscuitto stuffed in the thigh and wrapped in bacon....That there is some good eats!!

Thanks Chili chili some of that bread stuffing with mushrooms sounds like my next smoke,wrapped in bacon off course.
Danny, its so good!
The stuffing only needs to go to 165° while the thighs go to 185°.
It works perfectly together.
And the chicken juices in the stuffing, yum!

Why the hell is this recipe not in my Recipe Index yet?
Ah ha, my wife usually makes these in the oven.
I shall fix that next weekend.

Last edited:
We love smoked thighs. I take the skin off, scrape the excess fat, season the thigh, then wrap it back in it's own skin, secured with a toothpick.
Our family favorites are thighs stuffed with a bsby portobello, which is stuffed with spicy Italian sausage and breadcrumbs, chicken Cordon Bleu as above, with smoked Black Forrest ham and Gouda, or Chicken Kiev style. I keep an ice cube tray full of small garlic, parsley, butter balls in the freezer so when the urge hits, it's easy to pop the thigh in the oven or smoker. I use the butter frozen, and it melts right in as the thighs bake. Line the thigh inside with Panko, roll it around the butter ball, and pin together. Quick and easy.

Last edited:
Now you got me thinking Chili. Smoked chicken cordon bleu.
I sometimes just chop up fresh herbs mixed with olive oil rubbed under the skin.
That's the beauty of chicken, anything goes.

I use a stove top stuffing called savory herbs in a fish fillet when I fry it I roll it up and tooth pick it and fry it, wonder how well it would work using the fresh herbs as badger used, then put in the stuffing in and add mushrooms as chili does, sounds like a great combination.

I normally make cordon bleu with chicken breasts but thighs would be good. I also like to use it in a stiry fry. Many moons ago I also use to make General Tso's chicken, but that was kinda labor intensive.

Chris

The American bastardized version of Chicken Kiev, done with cheese instead of butter is one of my wife's Go To's.
I use a stove top stuffing called savory herbs in a fish fillet when I fry it I roll it up and tooth pick it and fry it, wonder how well it would work using the fresh herbs as badger used, then put in the stuffing in and add mushrooms as chili does, sounds like a great combination.
I generally make my own stuffings and the fresh herbs and spices are all in there along with the mushrooms, onions, celery, and whatever else.
I also like to put minced meat and gravy in for my wet stuffings.
See my Stuffed Saddle of Rabbit for a great example.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky