Struggling with Smoking Hobby

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Man forget the stress.  folks will wait for great food.  Have a stiff drink and tell them its done when its done.   About the foil.   Unless your a fan of a thick bark, I'd foil.  it makes life a lot simpler.  I have nothing to prove.  I sell my pork faster then I can smoke it.   Its flavor and tender folks want.  If you don't have Jeffs rub its a lose cause in my opinion,.   I have a life.  11-12hrs in the smoker.  Hr. rest and triple my money.   I'd put my pork against anyones.  Stop stressing and just do it man.  :-)  

LOL.  I always smell like a smokehouse if I'm hosting an event.  I'm the cook!   I don't give a shit what people think I smell like.   If they like your food thats all that  matters.  
Well said! I feel the same way. I've also developed a theory that smelling smoky works like an aphrodisiac on the missus or significant other. If you're not a tall guy, you can be her mountain man if not her man mountain. If you are tall, you can be her mountain man mountain...

Last edited:

LOL.  I always smell like a smokehouse if I'm hosting an event.  I'm the cook!   I don't give a shit what people think I smell like.   If they like your food thats all that  matters.  
ZOMG!! You seriously walk around people smelling like an old ashtray? Ewwwww........... Yuckie!!!!!

th_HaHa7_ani.gif

Last edited:

ZOMG!! You seriously walk around people smelling like an old ashtray? Ewwwww........... Yuckie!!!!!

th_HaHa7_ani.gif
Kevin, you just got a way of makin a man smile.  Thanks my friend.      btw, a smokehouse smells better then an ashtray.  :-)      
beercheer.gif

Jaellman I'm sure we all get frustrated at times. I know myself I expect everything to turn out perfect the first time I try it. But how much of a challenge would that be? One of the thing I have learned is leave lots of time. This is supposed to be fun there is lots of help and knowledge on here. :grilling_smilie:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky