Stormer from Overland Park Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stormer

Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
Hi there everyone, new guy here. I will become the proud owner of a nice new Yoder 640 on the competition cart this Friday! Making the leap from sticks, and am very excited. :yahoo: This forum has proved to be invaluable as a research tool during my selection process, many thanks to everyone for posting so much great information about their pellet poppers, especially the 640. I am a chef by trade, and understand heat and meat mechanics, and am beyond excited to make my new yoder roar! Thanks all, I hope to be tossing pictures up very soon!

Best,
Nels aka "Stormer"

Hi Stormer! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Dave! I can't tell you how valuable this site, and it's members have been to me. I am a semi-newbie to BBQ, it is true that I've many hundreds of pounds of meat through my offset ECB, but that doesn't mean I know diddly :biggrin:

I am looking forward to making my cooks much more often, and MUCH more consistent with the help of a little tech in the form of the Yoder. Brisket is still evading me, it is probably my favorite cut to eat when properly done (I enjoy TX style, with full mesquite...but that may change as I have just secured some pellet blends from a great local resource here in KC and look forward to working with them this weekend)...next to the fatty of course!

Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting again in the future!

Best,
Stormer

Thank you for the warm welcome, Dave! I can't tell you how valuable this site, and it's members have been to me. I am a semi-newbie to BBQ, it is true that I've many hundreds of pounds of meat through my offset ECB, but that doesn't mean I know diddly
biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to making my cooks much more often, and MUCH more consistent with the help of a little tech in the form of the Yoder. Brisket is still evading me, it is probably my favorite cut to eat when properly done (I enjoy TX style, with full mesquite...but that may change as I have just secured some pellet blends from a great local resource here in KC and look forward to working with them this weekend)...next to the fatty of course!
Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting again in the future!
Best,
Stormer
You don't have to tell me, I learned almost all I know from here.

Have you checked out 

Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Hello Stpormer and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here. Sounds like you will have a lot to offer with the cooking background you have 

I'll do my level best Scarbelly, might be sooner than later too! FedEx freight called today, they plan to deliver my new YS640 tomorrow!

Once I have something to show, I'll toss some pics up. In the mean time, if you have any food or flavor questions, never hesitate to float them across, I'll answer what I can!

Best,
Stormer

You're not kidding fella, some great info there! I really wish culinary school had more on Smokng as a cooking method. It's been quite few years since I went through the program, but it sure would be a cool class. We touch on smoking as a method as a part of charcuterie (which is usually lumped into butchery) but this discipline deserves more time. :grilling_smilie:

The new YS640 showed up today! WHAT A TANK! Beautiful well built piece of BBQ makin' awesomeness there.

Looking forward to getting some pics up! (need to research just how to do that :)

Thanks!
Stormer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky