Storing Up For Winter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BuckeyeSteve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
It was a beautiful day today in Ohio. So I thought I'd take a cue from the squirrels and store for winter.
IMG_0165.JPG

These things freeze really well and are just as good reheated in the oven. I was hoping to make more, but these are all of the jalapeno's I could find.
They are stuffed with hot breakfast sausage mixed with cream cheese, topped with sharp cheddar and a piece of bacon.

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0185 (2).JPG

Into the MES with apple pellets. Smoked at 225 deg for 2 1/2 hours.

IMG_0191.JPG

Money Shot!
I don't think all of these are going to make it into the freezer.

Those look great! Ive often thought about freezing some but they never make it to the freezer lol!

Those look killer good! I know that a large portion of them wouldnt make it to the freezer if I had them :)

That's something I never thought about freezing. Good idea. Make a few hundred and some would make tbe freezer. Lol

Those look dang good! If your freezer doesn't have room I'm sure you could find help to finish them up! I'm a free and equal opportunity taste tester!

Ryan

BES, Sorry I'm late to respond. Good looking ABT's, they never make it to the freezer at my house! Enjoy your winter snacks.

It was a beautiful day today in Ohio. So I thought I'd take a cue from the squirrels and store for winter.View attachment 412729

These things freeze really well and are just as good reheated in the oven. I was hoping to make more, but these are all of the jalapeno's I could find.
They are stuffed with hot breakfast sausage mixed with cream cheese, topped with sharp cheddar and a piece of bacon.

View attachment 412730

View attachment 412731

Into the MES with apple pellets. Smoked at 225 deg for 2 1/2 hours.

View attachment 412732

Money Shot!
I don't think all of these are going to make it into the freezer.
Nice Job! I can taste the heat from here.

Thanks for the likes crazymoon and Hawging it.

The forecast looks pretty good for the next few days. I think I'll make another batch to freeze for the New Year's bowl games.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky