Storing Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rosorange

Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
I am just pulling some pulled pork off the smoker, It is going to be for lunch tomorrow. Should I pull it tonight, if so do I add
the sauce now?

I'd pull it tonight and the store it in several glad storage containers. I usually freeze several of them and then pull them out of the freezer when the one in the fridge gets low. I then reheat it in the microwave low and slow like I cooked it. That is when I put the sauce on it. It always turns out very good for me.

Enjoy,

Bob

Bob -

Ziplock bags with the air squeezed out or vacuum sealed bags will keep it good for a week frozen it'll keep for months!

I like to put it in sandwich bags they hold about a pound of meat and freeze it. Then you can grab one anytime you want it.

Never thought about that. I just figure eat it till its gone. I know i will never get sick of smoked meat. I should invest in one of those vacuum sealing thingamagigs. Maybe this question is for another thread but, any brand better than the otherof those vacuum sealers?

Yes you really should buy a vacuum sealer. I love gadgets and have a lot of them but many would never bother to buy again if they ever wore our except for the food sealer. I would not go one day with out it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky