Storage sheds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Toss up some pics of what you use for storage sheds. Once lumber prices come down low enough I am building a small one for cherry behind my smokehouse and a large one at the back of the properly to hold a lot of cords of fire wood for years. Considered a skid building for the back in case the neighbors behind me sold and some city person bought it and harassed me on set back I could move it.

Reactions: JLeonard
Jealous. I live in the suburbs on a sloping lot that floods at the edge of the property line with heavy rains. Maybe under my deck I could put a small shed.

Following...

I guess I should tell you I have a 8 x 22 deck that I dug 3/4 out flat as its in the second/back level and enclosed and store 3+ cord of wood in there for every year burning. :emoji_grin: I had six stacks of 2 pallets stacked as one 80" wide, 8' long and about 5' tall. It only took two of the 6 stacks, 4 total pallets to fill the under deck storage.Two stacks was three loads in my 8' x 10' trailer with 18" sides

It is from two monstrous hack-berry trees I cut down two summer before. I don't want it rotting before I burn the last stack two years from now

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I'd try it and worst case its fire pit wood.

I'd try it and worst case its fire pit wood.
I should have known and done a search haha! Maybe I will try it. I split most of it last year.

You got to watch some woods, like we have chokecherry. The white sap wood on the chokecherry starts rotting bad in a year if left out uncovered. The hackberry, hickory, oak, locust and other just slip bark if out two years.

Thanks, but its not that hard, just a lot of work to make. I might buy aluminum expanded metal and replace the grates on the shelves, the steel just rusts and will not stay seasoned becuase it is not hot enough like a grill.

Also tear down the fire box and replace with two vaulted ovens stacked. Bottom to use for the smoke house. Top wih a back hole to the bottom so the bottom can use it as a chimney and a steel damper I can slide over the hole. I can also use the top one as a wood fired oven for deer roasts, chicken, turkey or pizza or bread.

Also looked at your smokehouse link, very nice and good design.

I built a shack " Smokers Shack " to put my smoker into. That way
I can smoke in most weather that is handed to me. power for lights and music, lol

David

DSC_2131.JPG DSC_2133 - Copy (2).JPG DSC_2256.JPG DSC_2169.JPG

"Also built mine on skids incase the neighbors said its to close for the smoke"

Always wanted to build one with a separate smoke chamber

David

Man that sounds fantastic to me!
I have very little storage for wood, so lots of times I trim the dead limbs out of the oak trees in my back yard & thats what I use for the day.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky