Still looking for truck - Changing to Jeep Grand Cherokee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you in dire need at this time? I know your Jeep is working hard but if you could ride it out a little longer it might pay dividends. Interest rates are projected to raise another 75 basis points at least two more times in the next few months before we see any relief. Auto prices have gone down some but people are getting bent over paying interest. I have seen more bankruptcy cases filed on $60k plus trucks at 6%+ interest rates since the first of the year than I ever have. Unless you are paying cash of course then you would be ok.

Also dont know if you are stuck on Ford's but I have a 2007 Tundra and it is a work horse. Gas mileage sucks but great truck.

Are you in dire need at this time? I know your Jeep is working hard but if you could ride it out a little longer it might pay dividends. Interest rates are projected to raise another 75 basis points at least two more times in the next few months before we see any relief. Auto prices have gone down some but people are getting bent over paying interest. I have seen more bankruptcy cases filed on $60k plus trucks at 6%+ interest rates since the first of the year than I ever have. Unless you are paying cash of course then you would be ok.

Also dont know if you are stuck on Ford's but I have a 2007 Tundra and it is a work horse. Gas mileage sucks but great truck.
Yeah I looking at the Ford for the MPG. I going to put $25,000 down and when and if market comes back I will take a withdraw and pay it off then. Looking at the extended warrants and don't look to bad. This one on this truck runs out in Aug. I going to go back tomorrow and look at.

1682026568403.png

Attachments

• 1682026509160.png
    1682026509160.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 1
Brian, have you looked into brand new? My dad just recently bought a 2023 Ford quad cab pickup, they took at least $2000 off the price, think it was even more than that and gave him 0 payments, no interest for quite some time. I don't remember the specifics but might be worth looking into.

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Yeah I looking at the Ford for the MPG. I going to put $25,000 down and when and if market comes back I will take a withdraw and pay it off then. Looking at the extended warrants and don't look to bad. This one on this truck runs out in Aug. I going to go back tomorrow and look at.

View attachment 663366
Hopefully you have good luck tomorrow.

Reactions: flatbroke
Brian , go take a look and drive it . STX is a base XL with an appearance package .
I looked at the original sticker , and it has some nice features . Hill assist will be nice for towing / launching the boat .
Last service was California . Tells me it's a fleet vehicle . The mileage is under 8,000 ?

You can also tell the salesman what you would like to have and see if he can find you something with options you want .

Last service was California . Tells me it's a fleet vehicle . The mileage is under 8,000 ?
The car fax in post #21 says personal use. If I'm reading it correctly. It could be they bought it at an auction or the original owner moved out of Cali.

Chris

View attachment 663366
you do not have to buy the warranty from the dealer you are getting the truck from and you have until the day before the factory warranty runs out to purchase an extended warranty. Do some research, there are dealers who really discount them just to bring in a few bucks to their bottom line. I saved over half on my Benz getting a factory extended from a WI dealership.

The car fax in post #21 says personal use. If I'm reading it correctly. It could be they bought it at an auction or the original owner moved out of Cali.

Chris
they got the guy out of the lease early to sell him a new truck. The dealer or Ford motor co put in a dealers only auction and the TX dealer bought it, very common

Reactions: chopsaw
The car fax in post #21 says personal use.
Yeah , I said fleet , but was thinking lease . Personal use could be a private lease , one owner could be Ford Motor company . I guess my point was the service schedule should be up to date / followed from the time it was new if it is a lease vehicle . With the low mileage it's not an issue anyway .

Yeah , I said fleet , but was thinking lease . Personal use could be a private lease , one owner could be Ford Motor company . I guess my point was the service schedule should be up to date / followed from the time it was new if it is a lease vehicle . With the low mileage it's not an issue anyway .
I pretty much buy all my cars that way, usually from a dealer only auction and mostly "program" vehicles. Program cars are usually ford executive vehicles, they get new ones every year. I have found SR vp, VP and district service managers business cards the glove box of a few that I have bought over the years...good to have a friend in the business.

Reactions: jcam222 and chopsaw
Cliff , I do the same . That's why some of description language leads me in that direction . It's a great way to get a nice vehicle for a decent price .

Reactions: clifish
I don't know why I been stuck on a truck. I really have no need for one other than in Texas trucks are popular. Someone mentioned getting another jeep. This one I had been a great vehicle. That 3.6 gets decent mpg and can tow the boat. I starting to look but not seeing much with trailer hitches.

Reactions: zwiller
I scheduled an appointment for Monday from Carmax for Jeep. I think this will work but have to figure out extended warranty. It 2 miles from going over the 36,000 limit which is going to make more tricky. I would use chryslerwarrantydirect but guess that not going to work. Just not many of these with trailer Hitch. I think I on the right path now. Took a look at new but for what I looking at they to high like everything else.

Last edited:
Find the one you like Brian then negotiate a hitch installation with the dealer.

Ryan

I scheduled an appointment for Monday from Carmax for Jeep. I think this will work but have to figure out extended warranty. It 2 miles from going over the 36,000 limit which is going to make more tricky. I would use chryslerwarrantydirect but guess that not going to work. Just not many of these with trailer Hitch. I think I on the right path now. Took a look at new but for what I looking at they to high like everything else.

As long as it is under when you buy the warranty you are good. Every vehicle I’ve bought in the last 15 years or so I bought used, 1-2 years old and still under factory warranty. I add on an extended bumper to bumper 4- 5 year $100 deductible warranty and save thousands over buying new. Just bought my 2020 Colorado for retirement vehicle the same way. I’m having a trailer hitch installed at one of the auto part stores for like $250.

As long as it is under when you buy the warranty you are good. Every vehicle I’ve bought in the last 15 years or so I bought used, 1-2 years old and still under factory warranty. I add on an extended bumper to bumper 4- 5 year $100 deductible warranty and save thousands over buying new. Just bought my 2020 Colorado for retirement vehicle the same way. I’m having a trailer hitch installed at one of the auto part stores for like $250.
That other over the limit after I ran a check. The only other option within 200 miles I can find is also at Carmax. It pretty much brand new, 2020, 5510 mile and $45,000. I going to have them move it to the closer store by me.

Reactions: chopsaw
Sounds like your thinking it through Brian , and on the right path . It will all work out .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky