Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Flank steak, if done correctly, can be delicious!

Oh that is very true. I just said it that way because most people just grill it and it can quickly become chewy and awful. I personally marinate it in Tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and crushed garlic for about 8 hours prior to cooking it. Then cook the flank steak on a little bit lower heat than you would a regular heat for about 12-15 minutes, brushing it with some reserved marinade. Brush some tortilla shells with lime juice or water and toss them wrapped in foil on the grill. Pull the steaks, slice them thin, stack  them on your warm tortilla shells with a little pico, sour cream, shredded mexican cheese, lettuce, onions (green or white), and whatever else you like. Then enjoy it immensely. Once your done if there's any reserve tequila I would recommend toasting to a dinner well done...

My take on this for the first time.  Nice, thick T-bone steak seasoned with pepper, salt, and granulated garlic; sprayed with a little olive oil.

251bdbb7_IMG_3393.jpg

In the Smokehouse for a few hours with a cold smoke:

6d3b8c89_IMG_3396.jpg

TBS thanks to the A-Maze-N Smoker:

b131f64a_IMG_3395.jpg

c25aba17_IMG_3397.jpg

Next, off to a nice hot charcoal fire. I'll let you know in a while how it turns out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky