Steak and drunkin beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I whipped this up a couple days ago. Steak tips marinated for 30 minutes in Stubb's Mesquite. Then grilled with charcoal and Mesquite chips.
Drunkin beans:
4 cans of beans. Various blends. Use your imagination.
1 green pepper chopped.
2 jalapenos seeded and chopped. I usually use Pablano peppers. But store was out.
1 pound smoked pork. Chopped.
1 onion chopped.
1/2 cup JD
Brown sugar
Mix all together except brown sugar. Top with brown sugar. Light coat.
This went in the smoker at 250 with comp blend pellets for 4 hours. Then put in oven to keep warm.

P6281009.jpg
P6281012.jpg
P6281013.jpg
20200628_160335.jpg
P6281014.jpg

Nice plate Steve! The steak tips look great and those beans look real good! I never seem to make the same bbq beans twice. I’m gonna have to try yours next time.

How where they heat-wise with the 2 seeded jalapeños? One time, I threw a jalapeño that I didn’t seed into my beans....I never heard the end of it from the warden.

Nice plate Steve! The steak tips look great and those beans look real good! I never seem to make the same bbq beans twice. I’m gonna have to try yours next time.

How where they heat-wise with the 2 seeded jalapeños? One time, I threw a jalapeño that I didn’t seed into my beans....I never heard the end of it from the warden.
Thank you. With them being seeded they weren't bad at all. Quite mild because there was only 2 with that amount of beans. The warden should approve. Mine did!

Fine looking plate Steve, I'm thinking those beans would go real well with just about all kinds of pig meat too, Like! RAY

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
50px-Question_book-new.svg.png This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
Find sources: "Grandma Brown's Baked Beans"news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Grandma Brown's Baked Beans
Product typeCanned beans
Introduced1937
MarketsCentral New York
Grandma Brown's Baked Beans, also known as simply Grandma Brown Beans, is a brand name of canned baked beans that was founded by late Grandma Lulu Brown in 1937.[1]
History[edit]
In 1937, Grandma Lulu Brown made large pots of baked beans during the Great Depression to be sold at local grocery stores. However, these beans were so popular that Lulu and Earl Brown, her husband, decided to expand to Oswego, New York.
Over the years, the company was then known as Brown Whitley Brown (BWB), when Earl Brown died, and Richard Whitley joined the company, and soon after, a plant was established in Mexico, New York to process the large quantities of the beans.[1]

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
looks good Steve, going to have to try those jd beans, or cut out the middle man and go straight for the jack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky