Steak and ABTs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Well we finally had a small break from the wind and rain so I was able to fire up the drum to do some real smoking. Didnt have a ton of time so i figured some ABTs would be good and I could throw a couple NY strips on the grill. Got the ABTs ready and the steaks seasoned only to find out I was out of propane for the grill( it's really time for me to get a kettle) oh well get out the cast iron! At least I had the smoker going for the peppers. Also made some mashed sweet taters and aspearigus to round out the meal.

ABTs all wrapped and ready to go on the smoker and the steaks seasoned up. Real simple on the peppers. Just cream cheese and cheddar with some rub mixed in for the filling. And a dash of rub after wrapped. Did the aspearigus in a little olive oil salt paper garlic.
0131201932.jpg
0131201932a.jpg
0131202110.jpg

ABTs off the smoker and the steaks are in the cast iron!
0131202110a.jpg
0131202121c.jpg

Sliced up after a short rest...nicely cooked!
0131202237.jpg

This was a FULL PLATE! Lol!
0131202240b.jpg

Was pretty good. Its been a while since I had some ABTs so they were really tasty. And man it sure was nice to fire up the old drum and get outside for a little bit. Thanks for taking a look!

YUM, nice work! thats what Im having tonight! except different cook method, its freakin cold here and my yard has 3 feet of snow in it.

YUM, nice work! thats what Im having tonight! except different cook method, its freakin cold here and my yard has 3 feet of snow in it.
Thanks! Wish I could have done my steaks outside. Finally had a break from the wind but no propane lol go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Looks good Travis! Perfect color on that steak and the ABT's look good too. I hate when you run out of propane and are wanting to grill. Been there several times.

that's one fine looking plate of food,
thanks!
Looks good Travis! Perfect color on that steak and the ABT's look good too. I hate when you run out of propane and are wanting to grill. Been there several times.
Thanks! Yea I got it refilled today. That grill is on its last leg and I think I'm gonna have to replace it with something this spring. May not be going with propane but it is convenient

Well we finally had a small break from the wind and rain so I was able to fire up the drum to do some real smoking. Didnt have a ton of time so i figured some ABTs would be good and I could throw a couple NY strips on the grill. Got the ABTs ready and the steaks seasoned only to find out I was out of propane for the grill( it's really time for me to get a kettle) oh well get out the cast iron! At least I had the smoker going for the peppers. Also made some mashed sweet taters and aspearigus to round out the meal.

ABTs all wrapped and ready to go on the smoker and the steaks seasoned up. Real simple on the peppers. Just cream cheese and cheddar with some rub mixed in for the filling. And a dash of rub after wrapped. Did the aspearigus in a little olive oil salt paper garlic.View attachment 431337View attachment 431338View attachment 431339

ABTs off the smoker and the steaks are in the cast iron!View attachment 431340View attachment 431341

Sliced up after a short rest...nicely cooked!View attachment 431342

This was a FULL PLATE! Lol!View attachment 431343

Was pretty good. Its been a while since I had some ABTs so they were really tasty. And man it sure was nice to fire up the old drum and get outside for a little bit. Thanks for taking a look!
That meal looks awsome! I tried smoking my steaks for the 1st time recently, I had 2 inch plus thick ny strip steaks I smoked them at 275 deg with a little hickory and pecan wood until they were 105 deg internal temp. Then finshed them in a cast iron skillet and let them rest firc10 min under foil. Makes a great steak!

Attachments

• 20200125_192937.jpg
    20200125_192937.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200125_192940.jpg
    20200125_192940.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200125_202018.jpg
    20200125_202018.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: negolien
That meal looks awsome! I tried smoking my steaks for the 1st time recently, I had 2 inch plus thick ny strip steaks I smoked them at 275 deg with a little hickory and pecan wood until they were 105 deg internal temp. Then finshed them in a cast iron skillet and let them rest firc10 min under foil. Makes a great steak!
Looks real good! Ive done a few reverse sear like that as well. Goods stuff

Reactions: Motorboat40
That is not only a very full plate Travis, it is a beautiful plate!! Man that all looks good.

Sign me up!!
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky