• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Starter Culture T-SPX and expiration dates.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
I was thinking about some Umai sausage and I checked my freezer stash of starter culture. Wow ,it says best if used by 7-2019. I know Rick (SFLsmkr1) has previosly posted about this but I can't find that thread. Anyway how long after the exp. date have anyone used their culture, I was thinking I could continue to use it but maybe double what they call for in a recipe. Any thoughts from our memebers or guests on this subject/ CM

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I was thinking about some Umai sausage and I checked my freezer stash of starter culture. Wow ,it says best if used by 7-2019. I know Rick (SFLsmkr1) has previosly posted about this but I can't find that thread. Anyway how long after the exp. date have anyone used their culture, I was thinking I could continue to use it but maybe double what they call for in a recipe. Any thoughts from our memebers or guests on this subject/ CM
CM

Some of mine are 3/4 years old and still ferment like new. keep the packs vac sealed and in freezer.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.