Standing Ribs via Sous Vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
We started this meal as the ribs from our standing rib roast on Christmas Day.

I smoked the 7 pound rib roast on the offset for about 5 hours on hickory. I smoked the roast to 133°, removed the bones, sliced and blackened the ribeyes with some cajun spices.

You can still see a nice smoke ring on the sliced beef after searing. You can also see the medium rare ribs sitting in the background.
6A1AB6C3-139C-480B-AEF7-784A48DCD240.jpeg

Fast forward to yesterday... I placed the ribeye roast bones in the Sous Vide at 160° for 30 hours. They turned out great! The smoke/bark held up in the hot tub and the meat was very tender and juicy.
621F5374-FDCF-4820-B981-129F16837F02.jpeg

Thanks for looking....
Dave

That looks fantastic, I just got a food saver /vac for Christmas. Sous Vide is next. Cant wait to be able to utilize left overs like that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky