St. Petersburg Fl Newbie Here - Hello All!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

saericksonfl

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Saint Petersburg Florida
Hi,

My name is Scott and a Newbie to smoking meats.  I'm hooked and just built my own smoker from a fridge.  Here is a couple of photos from what I have smoked thus far.

I look forward to hearing how you all cold smoke fish etc..  I'm thinking a smoke generator and dry ice.

Best to you all,

Scott

Keeping my smoked meat warm on the grill.

My first Cranberry - Bacon Butter - Smoked Chicken.  (Practice as its cheaper than a turkey)

Last edited:
Welcome to your new addiction.... and a howdy from the south end of the Skyway... as far as fish goes... I haven't done any yet... If I were to do some I will make/use a dedicated smoker to fish... I'm hearing/reading that after doing fish in the smoker anything else you put in it will have a little fishy taste... dunno If this is true or not... I'm thinking it will.. especially If you were to do mullet (eeewwwww)....

But anyways... welcome to the forums... you won't believe the amount of knowledge on here and everybody that's willing to share it....

BTW.. you just missed a great gathering a bunch of us went to... here's a link to the picture thread if you haven't already seen it...

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152174/2013-smf-south-florida-gathering-picture-thread

no problem... keep your eyes open for next years(probably won't post until AFTER the N. FL)... there will also be one in North Fl. coming up in April... the wife and I attend that one as well....

Welcome, from Gainesville, to the Forum Scott!! So we'll see you in a year at the next South Florida Gathering right :)

Alot of great people on this forum and you'll learn alot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky